Ain't this great, or what!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ain't this great, or what!

So the wife and the daughter-in-law are talking last Friday and my daughter-in-law says that my Sportster looks too small compared to me. I'm 6'2" and 215 pounds. So my wife agrees with her and then tells me on Saturday that I should get a bigger bike!

So today I went to the dealership where I got my Sportster almost a year ago and with the guaranteed trade in of the original price, I am now the almost owner of a new (2010) Dyna Custom. They didn't have one in the Vivid Black that I could afford and really wanted, so they have to order one but I should have it by the end of the week!

Ain't this great????
    Bud
    HERD Member #84

(Guardian bell from hockeydawg12 and his wife, Jean!)

Congrats Gunner..See it pays off when you grow big....Waiting for pics on the new ride...
    Chris (Steveston)
    Herd # 93
    Retired Navy Vet

Comment

Congrats! Now you need to have to tell you daughter-in-law to talk to your wife about all the chrome accessories you will need for the new bike. I asked my wife the other day if she wanted to trade her car in for a new one thinking she would say no, boy was I wrong, 40K for a new car.
      Dale
      Official HERD Member #00145
      Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

That is great, I think you are going to like that trade a lot.
        Official HERD Member #00135

Comment

Thanks guys. I plan on taking some side-by-side pics when it comes in. They are moving some of my stuff from the Sportster to the Dyna so both will be there at the same time.
          Bud
          HERD Member #84

Comment

I have to admit that I'm pretty stoked about this. Maybe a little apprehensive about the increased power and weight but looking forward to being able to cruise without feeling it's working too hard.
            Bud
            HERD Member #84

Comment

Originally posted by doorgunnerjgs View Post
              I have to admit that I'm pretty stoked about this. Maybe a little apprehensive about the increased power and weight but looking forward to being able to cruise without feeling it's working too hard.
              Don't get used to it too much Bud as you will soon graduate to the streetglide like the rest of us "Big Old Boys"...LOL!
              Chris (Steveston)
              Herd # 93
              Retired Navy Vet

Comment

Originally posted by doorgunnerjgs View Post
                So the wife and the daughter-in-law are talking last Friday and my daughter-in-law says that my Sportster looks too small compared to me. I'm 6'2" and 215 pounds. So my wife agrees with her and then tells me on Saturday that I should get a bigger bike!

So today I went to the dealership where I got my Sportster almost a year ago and with the guaranteed trade in of the original price, I am now the almost owner of a new (2010) Dyna Custom. They didn't have one in the Vivid Black that I could afford and really wanted, so they have to order one but I should have it by the end of the week!

Ain't this great????
                Thats awesome !!!!

Congratulations !!!
                U.S. Army "Retired"
                (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

Originally posted by steveston View Post
                  Don't get used to it too much Bud as you will soon graduate to the streetglide like the rest of us "Big Old Boys"...LOL!
                  I don't know. I'm not sure I want an even bigger bike as I am still feeling pretty comfortable with the size and power of the Sportster. But then again, you never know!
                  Bud
                  HERD Member #84

Comment

It will fit you so much better you won't even notice the extra weight, and the power hay you can't have too much. You are going to like it.
                    Official HERD Member #00135

Comment

Originally posted by trail dust View Post
                      It will fit you so much better you won't even notice the extra weight, and the power hay you can't have too much. You are going to like it.
                      Thanks trail! My son's father-in-law and my riding buddy has a Dyna too and he says the same thing that you do. So it should be a great bike for me. I had not even considered trading until my wife brought it up and I'm really glad that she did!
                      Bud
                      HERD Member #84

Comment

What a wunnerfull wifey and daughterinlaw,Allz I can ever gets outa Mine wifey is"Do`nt spend any money".ed
                        Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
                          What a wunnerfull wifey and daughterinlaw,Allz I can ever gets outa Mine wifey is"Do`nt spend any money".ed
                          That's usually my wife too. Guess I looked like Ichabod Crane or Don Quixote to them. Whatever, I'm just glad of the results!
                          Bud
                          HERD Member #84

Comment

Congrats! Maybe your wife can talk to mine, I need a few new things. LOL.
                            Justin, HERD member 00016
                            97 Fatboy

Comment

Originally posted by autotec View Post
                              Congrats! Maybe your wife can talk to mine, I need a few new things. LOL.
                              Somehow, I don't think that will work. But maybe you can get someone else to mention to her how much better your bike would look with some accessories or more chrome!
                              Bud
                              HERD Member #84

Comment

Working...
                              X