Gas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas...

Well I found out exactly how far the Fat Boy will go on reserve Wednesday afternoon....damn it was hot (104*) pushing that bike 2 blocks to the gas station
    :)

I hit reserve about halfway home figured i had about 30 miles or so left but i didnt, I guess with the hotter temps that day I got worse gas mileage than i usually do....I guess its bound to happen to you sooner or later if you ride.
    :scoot

Josh #00042
    R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Dang, I'd hate to have to push the Road King two blocks! Hope it was level or downhill!
    H1E2R8D

Comment

Actually it was pretty level, I thought i was in alot better shape than i am. I was huffin and puffin something awful. In hindsight i probably should've just left it and walked to the station and brought gas back....I guess since i could see it i thought might as well just push it there.

Josh #00042
      R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

Been there no fun at all. I'm sure the 104 made it that much more fun.
        Official HERD Member #00138

Comment

hahaha! that sucks, man!
          Herd #116

If I were clever, I'd write something clever here.

Comment

They would have to send the EMT's with air for me. I hhave pushed the mileage before but was lucky.
            Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
            Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
            Official HERD Member #00139

Comment

Originally posted by doublej View Post
              Well I found out exactly how far the Fat Boy will go on reserve Wednesday afternoon....damn it was hot (104*) pushing that bike 2 blocks to the gas station
              :)

I hit reserve about halfway home figured i had about 30 miles or so left but i didnt, I guess with the hotter temps that day I got worse gas mileage than i usually do....I guess its bound to happen to you sooner or later if you ride.
              :scoot

Not yet hehe
              THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
              How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

i ran outta gas onc eon my 81 bagger. had to push it from the highway to the exit (bout a mile n half)..thankfully the exit ramp was downhill with gas at the bottom. thought my heart was gonna pop out of my chest
                Twenty First Herdster
                * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
                ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
                99 FLSTF
                03 FLHTCI

Comment

I know this is a myth but you should have turned off your A/C...
                  2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                  HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

That sucks! But I'm glad you were at least that close. Could have been further.

Too funny, Frank. :)
                    Jeff
                    09 FLHRCI
                    Herd Member #00045

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                      haha, that would have given him a little better mileage. I almost ran out of gas, I tried testing my miles left on my dash and the bike did not like that.....lol, still made it but I could tell it was struggling
                      Official HERD Member #00144
                      Sponsored by: Rainrider

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                        And put the tail gate down.
                        Official HERD Member #00143

sigpic

Comment

Speed up a shut motor off, do some coasting.....Myth or Fact..Dun no.
                          Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
                          Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
                          Official HERD Member #00139

Comment

I ran outta gas once, I took some tools and unbolted the gas tank, carried it to the station 2 or so miles up the road, put a buck in it, walked back and bolted it back on.......

Yep.........running outta gas sucks!!!
                            OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                            With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                            FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                            RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Save Gas...........................Fart in a piggy bank.............:) :) :)erboxerbox
                              Lee....... If ya ain't the lead dog... the view never changes....

Can weld anything but a broken heart

......It's a rebar thing.....
                              HERD member # 00015

Comment

Working...
                              X