Riding solo is starting to look alot easier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding solo is starting to look alot easier

Im running into old lady problems (shes really not that old). Since I bought my bike, shes been avoiding getting on it with me because she said it would make her back hurt. Last Sunday we go for a little ride. After that were in the dealership looking at quick disconnect sissy bars/etc.. Shes willing to pay for everything (pad/bar/plates/light relocation kit). (she makes 3 times what I make) I was starting to feel pressured though. Im ok with the quick disconnect setup, but dont like what it does to the turn signal mounts. My Lepera Barebones seat isnt too happy about the affair either.

That backrest make yur passenger feel alot safer. I'd get a regular two up seat they can be flipped out easy enough if ya really want a passenger.
    THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
    How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

I have a QD sissybar for the wife as well but hated the turn signals sitting out so far on the posts. My WG has a bobtail fender and I was able to mount the directionals to the license plate/tail light bracket which actually brought them in tighter from stock. Additionally I use an EZ bracket system to mount my saddlebags to the same mounting studs as the sissybar.

Joe the One Antlered Moose
      Herd member number 00098
      Combat Vets Motorcycle Association # 19938

Comment

The alternatives seems clear. Have her buy you a nice Touring bike.
        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Mine hates the way the backrests look on bikes like mine. But after each ride, she thinks they wouldn't look quite as bad....especially after I Armor-all the seats. She definitely gives me an earful when I scrape the pipe with her on the back.

I'm still trying to get her on her own bike.
          It's not "derailed", as long as the last post relates to the post above it...it's just on a different rail, heading into a more interesting direction

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
            The alternatives seems clear. Have her buy you a nice Touring bike.
            is what happened to me,,, now I ride a pig

Comment

Originally posted by Motive View Post
              Mine hates the way the backrests look on bikes like mine. But after each ride, she thinks they wouldn't look quite as bad....especially after I Armor-all the seats. She definitely gives me an earful when I scrape the pipe with her on the back.

I'm still trying to get her on her own bike.
              UUHHhhh,what? You get Her sat on on one side then She slips off onto the other????
              Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

I ain't tryin to shake her off...I ride much more tame, with her on, nowadays.
                It's not "derailed", as long as the last post relates to the post above it...it's just on a different rail, heading into a more interesting direction

Comment

But you was tryin to shake her off before????

Comment

I was wondering,it said You armorall "All" the seats,might prve to be a bit slickery tryain to hold on.
                    Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Yeah, it made her hold on tighter...but I figured out, it scares the hell outta her...which wasn't helping in making her want to get her own bike.

Comment

UUHHHhhh,sorry for hijackin the thread.
                        Mine wifey tried riding on the back of the FXDWG and fter the first ride said YOU need to put something on back there that I can hold onto,She would not get back on and I am not a hotrodder type of a rider,She very much enjoys Our rides together now since I installed this real nice sissybar.
                        Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Yeah, it made her hold on tighter...but I figured out, it scares the hell outta her...which wasn't helping in making her want to get her own bike.
                          .OK.
                          Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy her riding with me, I just hate how tame I have to ride when she's with me.

I'll probably be getting a sissy bar in the near future....

Comment

Since you a HOTTIE, you probably nevr get her on her own bike

Comment

Working...
                              X