Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my bike Friday!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Got my bike Friday!!!

    So I got my bike Friday. She was in the shop getting a bunch of work done. When I bought her a couple of weeks ago she hadn't moved in two years. So, the brakes were seized up (that required a rebuild of the front and rear calipers and a new master cylinder), the rocker gaskets needed replacing, all the fluids needed changing, a new battery, carb was rebuilt, gas tank cleaned out, a new fuel line...

    Anyway - get her out on the road Saturday. Drove to Ocean City MD and stopped for lunch at Hoopers for all-u-can eat crabs, then through Seaford DE and back home again...around 250 miles.

    She was great! I loved every second of it. However, I noticed a small oil leak so back to the shop she goes (because I don't know how to work on her yet)...but not just yet :)
    Dane

    '97 Fatboy - Screaming Eagle, Porker pipes, S&S carb, wide tire kit, custom Corbin, oil leak, etc.
    Official HERD Member #00147

  • #2
    Kewl!!! Not surprising that another oil leak occured...looks like a great bike by your signature...got pics?
    Official "Herd Booze taste tester!"

    Member #0006 :babe

    "Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......" In memory of Rick.

    Comment


    • #3
      Did you manage to take any pictures?
      .
      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
      HERD MEMBER #00003

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by danerada View Post
        So I got my bike Friday. She was in the shop getting a bunch of work done. When I bought her a couple of weeks ago she hadn't moved in two years. So, the brakes were seized up (that required a rebuild of the front and rear calipers and a new master cylinder), the rocker gaskets needed replacing, all the fluids needed changing, a new battery, carb was rebuilt, gas tank cleaned out, a new fuel line...

        Anyway - get her out on the road Saturday. Drove to Ocean City MD and stopped for lunch at Hoopers for all-u-can eat crabs, then through Seaford DE and back home again...around 250 miles.

        She was great! I loved every second of it. However, I noticed a small oil leak so back to the shop she goes (because I don't know how to work on her yet)...but not just yet :)
        you mean RODE, glad yer enjoying it!
        Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice,I like oil leaks,kinda gives um a nostlgeik look.:)
          Ear Tag no. 00030

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
            Nice,I like oil leaks,kinda gives um a nostlgeik look.:)
            Yeah, I have one on my 80 Sporty, kinda cool.
            Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
            Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
            Official HERD Member #00139

            Comment


            • #7
              HAHAHA - yeah I mean RODE!!!

              I did get some pics, but my camera is in the luggage on my buddy's RG. I am going to get it tonight and hopefully get them posted this evening...
              Dane

              '97 Fatboy - Screaming Eagle, Porker pipes, S&S carb, wide tire kit, custom Corbin, oil leak, etc.
              Official HERD Member #00147

              Comment


              • #8
                pics dude!!!

                we need to go for a ride one weekend.. I've never had my scoot over the bridge. Nice ridin out there? Hopefully a little less traffic and slower pace than this side..
                HERD MEMBER #00028
                http://treadonthis.blogspot.com
                How about STFU and have a glass of MOO
                Member of the Moo Ton Crew- Ain't no Atheists at 100 up!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by axxell33 View Post
                  pics dude!!!

                  we need to go for a ride one weekend.. I've never had my scoot over the bridge. Nice ridin out there? Hopefully a little less traffic and slower pace than this side..
                  Yeah let's go! I have never had mine on your side of the bridge. :) There is some decent ridin out here. Ride to St. Michael's or Rock Hall is pretty nice.
                  Dane

                  '97 Fatboy - Screaming Eagle, Porker pipes, S&S carb, wide tire kit, custom Corbin, oil leak, etc.
                  Official HERD Member #00147

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Congrats and we need pics! :)
                    Jeff
                    09 FLHRCI
                    Herd Member #00045

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We get all of the Annapolis/DC/Baltimore traffic out here.. If you can get west of DC towards the mountains it's real nice.. horse country and then you can go south on Skyline Drive and ride the mountain tops. North of Balltimore is a lot of Amish/farm areas.. I've been up to the PrettyBoy Reservoir.. Nice ridin through there.
                      HERD MEMBER #00028
                      http://treadonthis.blogspot.com
                      How about STFU and have a glass of MOO
                      Member of the Moo Ton Crew- Ain't no Atheists at 100 up!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am all too familiar with our traffic! I work in DC and drive in everyday. My goal for this year is to drive the BRP (or at least part of it). As for north of Baltimore, I think I might ride up the bay on this side and come down to the farm areas from there...should be some nice riding that way.
                        Dane

                        '97 Fatboy - Screaming Eagle, Porker pipes, S&S carb, wide tire kit, custom Corbin, oil leak, etc.
                        Official HERD Member #00147

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
                          Nice,I like oil leaks,kinda gives um a nostlgeik look.:)
                          i gots lotsa nostalgia going on under the fatty right now after a long hard rode.....inner primary gasket needs replacing, prolly do it over the winter

                          congrats on the fatty dane, great choice
                          Twenty First Herdster
                          * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
                          ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
                          99 FLSTF
                          03 FLHTCI

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Crazy dude.. I don't know if I could handle driving to DC everyday. Maybe if I took a shot of whisky before I left to calm my nerves!

                            I do drive on the beltway once a week tho.. I take classes down at College Park. But when I leave class, it's late.. so it's not too crazy. I drive out to Columbia everyday..
                            HERD MEMBER #00028
                            http://treadonthis.blogspot.com
                            How about STFU and have a glass of MOO
                            Member of the Moo Ton Crew- Ain't no Atheists at 100 up!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It is crazy...I have been doing it for 13 years now and I hate it...but with mortgage and two kids I have to go where the money is. I am not willing to relocate though.
                              Dane

                              '97 Fatboy - Screaming Eagle, Porker pipes, S&S carb, wide tire kit, custom Corbin, oil leak, etc.
                              Official HERD Member #00147

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X