OK Total newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Total newbie question

Ok so over the last few weeks I did a little bit of riding. But each time I am noticing that I am very sore (not to be funny) between my legs like a pulled groin. goes away after about a hour of not riding.

Is this normal? and is there anything I can do to make this go away. Sometimes like today just sitting on a few bikes that it starts. Is there stretching that I can do or after time it goes away when I put more miles on the bike. I am afraid if this does not go away I will not be able to ride more then a hour or so at a time
    Official HERD Member #00159

I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

I only have that now the first couple off times I ride each year. Body has to get used to it again. Riding takes a certain amount of conditioning, like any other activity. Use some Motrin or whatever till you get used to it.

Comment

Google "Horse stance"
      Start out easy,,Back straight and most important,,back verticle,,
      and I'm not being funny I'm being serious,,It works for me.
      If It persists or gets worse be smart, consult a Doctor, a very low and small Hernia could be developing.
      Last edited by Osco*; 07-31-2010, 08:34 PM.
      Herd #124
      Age 10 and holding
      Official Herd Poser

Comment

Thanks again for the "Horse stance" I will try this a few times per day to see if it gets better.

I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Comment

MIght be grippin the tank too hard nervous tension from ridin along nutcase cagers
          THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
          How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

Not sure I explained it right

When I sit or ride on a bike my inner upper thighs right by my groin gets sore fast. Kind of like doing a split. More on my legs I think it has to do with my legs. maybe after some time this goes away?

Comment

Originally posted by vlade View Post
              MIght be grippin the tank too hard nervous tension from ridin along nutcase cagers
              Might be nervous and not realize it..

Change seats, I had to, 200% better, no more pain
              Last edited by Oiltrash; 07-31-2010, 09:24 PM.
              Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
              Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
              Official HERD Member #00139

Comment

Is this your first bike?? Do you really enjoy riding?? How many miles do you ride? Is that a stock seat on your Sportie. If you are squeezing the tank with your knees, you just aren't comfortable riding a motorcycle. It may bet better with time.

Good Luck!
                Official Member #00149
                2 Stinking Trikes, '09 % '11
                Social Security and Medicare
                Qualified! 65 and still riding
                Official Bona fide Geezer

Comment

Send that bike over to Me and if My legs get sore then it is the motorcicle and means I should not send it back as it will just cause you more pain.ed:fall

Next time You are riding be sure to concentrate a bit on how tightly You are gripping the tank with Your legs then concentrate on relaxing.
                  Last edited by MrMarty51; 07-31-2010, 10:49 PM.
                  Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

my second ride, first one years ago a metric cruiser suzuki intruder, sometimes it starts bothering me with in 5 minutes other times and hour later.

This even happened to me when I rode as a passenger on a bike.

A buddy told me that maybe I need to be able to stretch out my legs I am going to try this.

Comment

It is usually caused by the way you sit and the muscles you use to hold yourself up - ironic it would hurt your inner thighs, but that's where it pulls and your just not use to it.

If you stretch and go with the other suggestions here, you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X