Changed my mind yet again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed my mind yet again

Well I changed my mind yet again, now we want a Roadking. It was awesome went to 3 dealers today. It took everything I had not to trade in my sporty for one. Ok so I am hoooked on shopping for one LOL

Ok now can I know allot of people on this site has RK's can people tell me about them as a owner both the good and the bad. thanks for any and all advice
    Official HERD Member #00159

I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Go ahead Mike, pull the trigger and get the King.erbox
    2010 Ultra Limited/Merlot/Cherry
    Official HERD Member #00134

Comment

Oh I plan on it just in the spring time, I want to avoid a payment and when the wife gets laid off I will have enough to avoid a payment

I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Comment

Standard or Classic? I have been riding baggers since 84. I like being able to take stuff with me and being able to stop at a store for stuff on the way home.
        Herd member #85

sigpic

Comment

Can't beat a Road King Classic for ride and looks! If you get a 2011 you will get ABS, Security and the 103 motor - all standard!
          H1E2R8D

Comment

iffin I could afford it, I would own one, I say go for it
            Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Mike, I can say without hesitation that I absolutely love my RK. It has the ride I wanted and the handling is effortless. The only thing I wish I had was a convertible tour pack but I'll solve that with a T-bag or another type of bag. Can't go wrong with a Road King. Just my opinion, and I'm totally unbiased.....
              The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

Comment

Which model is better? I preffer leather saddle bags Vs the hard bags. So that might answer my question. I will be going brand new for this one my wife will be getting 10 months as a package so I will pay it off

Comment

Don't trade your Sporty.......send it to me and I'll make you a Chop-ster!!!! Hehehehehehe
                  OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                  With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                  FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                  RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

go get it and enjoy ridin the rest of the summer!!!!!!!
                    OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                    2014 FLHXS
                    U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

thanks guys, I am going to keep the sporty for my play bike. I am going to trick the sporty out once I get the RK Classic I am going to get a custom paint job, and pretty much tear aprt the sporty turn it into one sick machine. The sporty will be my bike when I ride alone and the RK when the wife wants to ride. She wants a Crossbones or a softail, but that is not until 2012.

I am turning my basement into a bike shop LOL I got 800 feet to play with.

Comment

Really Mike your into touring models you gatta tall us what you an wife plan on doing with it as far as fun travel and adventure .. around towns or serious touring.
                        THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
                        How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

Love my King, had no problem doing 800+ miles days on it. The ONLY thing I would say is if your OL plans to ride on back A LOT, you might want to look at something with the big queen wrap-around Lay-Z-Boy passenger seat. And a point on the leather bags on the Classic, they are hard bags covered with leather, so you get the look and the structure.

Comment

Originally posted by vlade View Post
                            Really Mike your into touring models you gatta tall us what you an wife plan on doing with it as far as fun travel and adventure .. around towns or serious touring.
                            I plan on touring the north east allot and in my bucket list to make sturgis and daytona as well. But laconia is only a 3 hour ride so I will make that every year. But we plan on riding every weekend. We love Charity rides and there is a group of us that will ride together.

There are some really awesome rides in CT, VT, NH, MA, NY, and ME we have no kids and do not plan on having any. So allot can be done, but yes we will be weekend warriors for now. Due to a 6-5 work day m-f but I will be riding to work and most of my driving

Comment

I forgot to add that in the summer I take every other Friday off so we can do weekend trips head out Friday and come back Sunday. we are going to do at least 5 of those a year. We have already started planning out Spring, Summer and Fall trips

Comment

Working...
                              X