Good Dealership Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Dealership Story

When I bought my 09 Ultra, the dealer and all of the staff were my best friend. They have won best dealer awards and it seemed obvious as to why. I figured this would go away in time. I was wrong. Each time I would visit for browsing or buying, they would remember my name and make a point of chatting. I had heard of local and out of province visitors good experiences of the place as well.

I recently went in for a couple of recalls - the under the tank block thingy and the front tire inspection. Dunlops that in some cases were cupping. I had read post here and on the other forum that customers were turned away with a tacit no replacement required because there is no evidence of cupping.

I had ~ 7K Km (4,300 m) on the bike. I was ready for a "looks ok to us". I stuck my head in the shop after 10 minutes and they were replacing the tire. No questions asked.

I asked when it was finished and the service writer said there was no evidence of wear but they don't start cupping until 10K Km (6,200 M) so we might as well do it now!!!

So, kudos for Privateers HD in Halifax NS.
    HERD Member #108 1

If you are lucky enough to be at the beach, you are lucky enough.

Great story and glad that your received stellar service! Thanks for sharing...We like to hear about happy customers too!

I have included the website on this post.

http://www.privateersharleydavidson.com/
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Thanks Boss. There have been a couple of other good stories posted recently - I am sure there are many more than the not so stellar ones. Lets hear 'em!
      HERD Member #108 1

Comment

Sounds like a good one! I took mine in at 5k and I asked them to check the front tire. They said looks good and sent me on my way! LOL
        Jeff
        09 FLHRCI
        Herd Member #00045

Comment

Another good dealer story. When wife was diagnosed with cancer, and after her treatments, she couldn't ride the new Deluxe we had just bought. We went back to the dealer and traded it for a Tri-Glide. The dealer gave us almost what we had paid for the bike in trade for the trike. When it came in Vesta had trouble with the clutch pull. the trike came with a 103 engine and harder clutch. The dealer said that was common with women having problems with the clutch so they swapped the clutch spring with one from a 96" engine, works very will. I asked if that would affect the warranty, Steve the Service Manager said "What spring swap, there is nothing on her paperwork about a clutch spring" meaning if there were a problem, it would be warrantied. Antelope Valley Harley Davidson in California.... ya just can't go wrong!
          Official Member #00149
          2 Stinking Trikes, '09 % '11
          Social Security and Medicare
          Qualified! 65 and still riding
          Official Bona fide Geezer

Comment

I got to see the bike come out of the crate in the warehouse. I noticed a flaw in the paint/clear coat on the tank. A new tank was ordered that day. I took it in for a swap the first week. They just don't quit.

Great story Screwball.
            HERD Member #108 1

Comment

this thread should be a sticky ..we all bitch about the bad dealers ,but never post about the good ones..
              heres mine mountainview HD in chilliwack bc
              great guys and gals.they helped me with warrenty issues and i just purchased my second bike from them..
              09 Softail Springer FLSTFBT "AKA" Heritage Fatbones Touring
              www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin?feature=mhee

herd #148

Comment

Good to see some good comments about dealerships. Seems like there are so many bad stories out there.
                Herd #00049 formerly Soccer... Time for a change

Comment

Definately nice to hear of good dealership stories.
                  HERD Member #114
                  2007 FLHTCU Ultra Classic
                  When all else fails, GET A BIGGER HAMMER!
                  If common sense was so common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Comment

I go way past one to get to here, dealin with em since since 04.. fair dealins , friendly staff,,, right off I-10

http://cajunhd.com/
                    THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
                    How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

With all the dealer bashing that you see on various forums, its nice to see positive experiences members are having with dealers....
                      HERD # 00075
                      08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
                      USMC Veteran

Comment

I can say this about a dealership I use when needed. I go more than 20 miles further out of my way to deal with them, because they want to deal with me. the gentleman at the parts counter knows what I need when I start talking about it, generally knows the part numbers off the top of his head. Last time I was there to get a part, he quoted me an approximate price for the part, when he rang it up, he said, "OUCH, there has been a price increase on these", he then went on to say, with a wink, "oh, remember that 20% discount we owe you? let's apply that now" and did.
                        when I put the apes on my bike, I called J&P about a clutch cable, can't remember the length now, but lets say 73 inches, J&P said it would be $84 and a 4 to 6 week wait as it is a special order length and needs to be custom made. I called a local Indy shop, he told me a 4 to 6 week wait, and it would be $86

I called the dealership I like, he says, wait a minute, if you need 73 inches, 1/16 won't hurt a bit, and 72 and 15/16 is a stock 12 over cable for such and such bike, how about that? I was like, "great!" he says, ok, $42 and it will be here tomorrow

Also, almost every time I am there, a guy that is usually wondering around the dealership always goes out of his way to say hello and shake my hand. he always asks if I need help, always super friendly, and never acts like I don't matter when he finds out I am not shopping for a new bike. I have met the man dozens of times, he recognizes me when I walk in the door, etc. about 2 months ago, I found out he is the owner. even as the owner, he is working, and out there greeting people, conversing, and having a good time ensuring customers enjoy their trip to his dealership. He is also one of the first people to point out any specials offered by the dealership, or teh MoCO at any given time.

this is Spyke's CLinton COunty Harley Davidson in Frankfort, Indiana
                        Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

At times I have passed many to get to one dealer. My service will only be ay one,180 miles away.. Two are closer..
                          Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
                          Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
                          Official HERD Member #00139

Comment

When I bought mine at the Kingwood Harley-Davidson dealer, I told the Sale Manager that I'm very particular about scratches and imperfection in the paint. I DON'T like them! When I picked mine off the floor and when they took it to the back to get it cleaned up, I had to wait a little longer than normal.

When I asked, he told me that they had to open a new one out of the crate to take out the gas tank and make a swap. They found a tiny little scratch or something that I didn't even spot when I inspected it.

Small things can go a long way!
                            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                            HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post

Small things can go a long way!

very true
                              Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Working...
                              X