Burnouts!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnouts!!!

Was at a bike rally over the weekend and this young guy on a beauty of a Deuce totally takes the rear tire off at the burnout contest! Now there were some water cooled bikes there and they didn't go near as long as this guy. I was sort of disgusted at it...even if I had $ to burn, i wouldn't do that....he was there for more than 6-7 minutes and the whole field was smoked out!

Then I am thinking....most likely that bike will have a new rear tire and be for sale next week....something to consider when buying a used bike! There has to be damage from that!

Pretty sure he was the same guy I smoked on the V-Rod last summer...maybe he was still pissy...
    Official "Herd Booze taste tester!"

Member #0006 :babe

"Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......" In memory of Rick.

I just do not understand it either,smokeum till they pop,really seems like a real big waste to me,glad ya smokedum toooo.
    Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

I don't mind the waste of the tire, but what does it do to the engine??? Its got to be overheated to hell!

Comment

Glad to hear ya kicked his azz!!!!! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a Herd member to be proud of!!!! Way to go V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! erbox:new1:babe
        OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
        2014 FLHXS
        U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Yup,The V twin aircooled enjins have to have air flowing around them to get proper cooling,mine 76 FLH had a air scoop to direct more air in behind the rear cylinder,I`ve seen pipes glowing from people idling in real slow traffic.
          Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

I hear ya it does not make any sense to abuse your sled like that. I can understand doing a burnout, rolling burnout or yankin the front up off the ground occasionally. But smoke um till they pop is just abuse. At bike night last month they had a loud pipe contest and it was 2 evo's a couple TC's and a couple shovels up there bouncing off the rev limiter for 60-90 seconds at a time..... but its their bike, if they want to look like an ass hat when they blow the thing up in front of 300 people, se la vie.
            HERD # 00075
            08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
            USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDogBagger View Post
              I hear ya it does not make any sense to abuse your sled like that. I can understand doing a burnout, rolling burnout or yankin the front up off the ground occasionally. But smoke um till they pop is just abuse. At bike night last month they had a loud pipe contest and it was 2 evo's a couple TC's and a couple shovels up there bouncing off the rev limiter for 60-90 seconds at a time..... but its their bike, if they want to look like an ass hat when they blow the thing up in front of 300 people, se la vie.
              Exactly!!! I've done a few short burnouts on the V and rollin...and its liquid cooled and has a fan! I still would never do anything like that!

I just know I am gonna see that Deuce for sale....one of the other guys who took the tire off had a for sale sign on the front of his bike!

Oh yeah!!! I want it I want it!!!!

Comment

That is why I pretty much will not buy anything used unless I know who owned it.
                HERD # 00075
                08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
                USMC Veteran

Comment

I remember doing burnouts on the metrics but on a heavy Harley, NO WAY!
                  I know this HOG would bitch-slap me if I tried.
                  2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                  HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDogBagger View Post
                    That is why I pretty much will not buy anything used unless I know who owned it.
                    Yep! My 4 Harleys have been brand new....bought a few sport bikes for under 3k, but thats different!

Comment

I refuse to do a burn out on my bike, for one thing I generally don't have an extra 200 bucks laying around for a new tire, not to mention the $$$$ it would take to fix a blown engine. I have spun the tire occasionally on take off when running it against other bikes but thats the extent of my tire smoking.
                      ALARCOGAILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMSMONENMNCOHOKPASDTNTXUTWV WIWYsm.jpg
                      Josh #00042
                      R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

Get on it,pull the front wheel off the ground,do a bit of a burnout but fer craps sake get ta moooovin so Ya gots some air siftin round them cylinders,do`nt have to worry about it too much when ya got liquid cooling but they even tend to get warm from idling unless Ya kick up the rpms just a smidgen.
                        Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

watched a guy I know leave about a 120 to 160 foot black mark down the highway yesterday. was stupid, he was revving super high RPM's, and stayed in 1st the entire time, exhaust was popping, etc
                          he had his front brake halfway engaged to be able to do it. was stupid.

$$$ for tire
                          and burnt valves possibly
                          front brakes, etc

and what if his hand woulda slipped a slight bit, locked up the front brake, down he woulda went

I ahve been known to do a burnout every so often, but nothing like that, got more respect for my wallet and my bike than that
                          Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

I use and enjoy my whole power band,
                            I get On It Like I stole It when ever I want,
                            I put her hard over In a turn and Ride It out like a crazy person,
                            But !!,,,,,
                            I'm always smooth and I'm confident that If we ride the hell outta these Harley's
                            and yet never slam em, lug em, or shit shift em they will be fine.
                            I rode a Crotch rocket that way long ago,,Put a shit load of miles on It with no problems while
                            most of my riding bud's kept tearin the crap outta thier bikes,,same kind,,
                            I also put bout 50,000 miles on a Goldwing an I hauled ass on it when ever I wanted.
                            All Ya gotta do Is keep It smooth and dont free rev the motor.
                            I did one burn out right before I was gonna put a new back tire on.
                            Other than that my goal Is to NEVER break traction.
                            Herd #124
                            Age 10 and holding
                            Official Herd Poser

Comment

My bike spanked me for going for a burnout a couple months back, I learned my lesson.
                              It's not "derailed", as long as the last post relates to the post above it...it's just on a different rail, heading into a more interesting direction

Comment

Working...
                              X