Iron Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Butt

Through the years we have all considered ourselves as having an IRON BUTT, especially when we complete a long ride. Mine has softened over the yaers though. With that said, we all try to accomplish things in our life, some we complete and some we don't.

Has anyone here completed in the Iron Butt test/ long distance rides through the Iron Butt Association.

I want to try this, before much longer, wife not too keen on the idea and my kids will think I have lost, finally.

I realize this thread may open up a can of worms but I'm ready !!

:fatbob
    Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
    Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
    Official HERD Member #00139

1000 miles in 24 hours, I would try it, I think I could do it if I put a more comfy seat on my bike
    Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Been seriously thinking of doing one.................

If I'm going to HerdstockII solo, may try it then.
      There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
      R.I.P. RubberDown
      R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
      Reese

Comment

I have a good seat, that would be a test , You know in a days time , say 8-10 hours, you can rack up the miles. 1000 in 24 should have time to rest. I was going to do it on this La trip. It was veto'd.

Comment

Sault Ste. Marie MI to Branson MO.................1001.7 miles
          There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
          R.I.P. RubberDown
          R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
          Reese

Comment

If My BIL can do it anyone can but that is just My opinion.
            If You are traveling on secondary roads it could be a challenge but on a interstate highway it would be a long day for sure but nothing out of the ordinary.
            I once had a 76FLH with the pogo single saddle and a windshield too and did eight hundred miles and could have gone the other two with no problem.
            Mine BIL took off from Miles City on His Road King and did the Iron Butt ride down to Phoenix with out a hitch,If I wuz gonna do the 1000 mile ride I would take brief rest and go the other fivehundred.
            http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/
            Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

I would probably have to get a different seat.....haha, I rode 550 the other day and was pretty numb, I'm still a rookie but I think I could do it!
              Official HERD Member #00144
              Sponsored by: Rainrider

Comment

I have rode 1000+ in 24 hours a couple of times, but never for an IronButt run. Once to Sturgis from San Diego, and a couple of coast to coast runs. But those were on a 79 lowrider and I was solo and a lot younger then. But I think I could do a 1000 miler on the ultra....
                HERD # 00075
                08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
                USMC Veteran

Comment

I think I am going to do one this fall. I mapped a course to Maryland and back. They say not to depend just on the speedo or a map for the milage. Go a little extra. When they plot it out it may be different. I guess use both. You sure don't want to lose out..

Comment

friend of mine got his 2nd IB certificate last summer,he said it takes about 19 hours on good roads.
                    2018 Road Glide
                    Member #00014

Comment

Yea Ive done two 1000/24's, one was an inside the state run. If yea read the IBA's rules and regs and send off yur papers ou can get logged inta their recordbook. They got most of the tips and advice at their site. I'd stay on freeways as much as possible. 18-22 hrs in most cases.
                      THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
                      How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

My wife and I have done the 1000/24 a few years ago we completed the 1000 in 16 hours and didn't really push ourselves to point it was dangerous.
                        Herd Member #87
                        US Navy Veteran

Comment

Yeah! Got off the ferry in North Sydney 6am and striaght on to a friends place in Ottawa, was fun! Just around 1000 miles! Was in their salt water pool having a mojito before midnite! Not a ache or pain the next day!
                          Official "Herd Booze taste tester!"

Member #0006 :babe

"Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......" In memory of Rick.

Comment

I get aches and pains from riding to work! An old ex-athlete can't expect anything less.

I've thought about it. I could do a couple back to back on the way to Herdstock 2011 and have several hundred miles left over!
                            H1E2R8D

Comment

I thought it would be fun if a group could try. Probably make it easier, watch out for each. Then, it could make it more difficult also. I have talked myself into trying. It would be somewhat of a challenge to see if you are organized and can stay on schedule. The roads I have picked are all interstate, which I don't like.

Comment

Working...
                              X