Lookin' for a deal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin' for a deal...

... on a Mustang solo seat for an '07 Sportster. (Mustang pt #76159)

My butt has had it. The stock seat gets uncomfortable after about 45-50 miles, and downright painful after about 70.
    It's my tail bone gettin' no blood. Side effect of my chronic noassatal.

I've put over 9k miles in this one and it's gettin' worse, not better.

Did Bonsai sell that one he had..? Anybody seen Bonsai lately?
    Don't know that I could afford his 2-up model, I'm kinda really likin' the solo like Osco's got on his Roadster.
    I'm too big to 2-up much.
    Official Herd Dumbass
    (Ask anybody)

MONK
    Crocified '07 XL1200C
    Herd #34

I soooo understand what you're sayin,,I gots lots a padding, just not the tailbone!!! And I mean my butt, not my saddle...lol...I'm lookin for somethin different...for my BIKE!!!
    Miles are on a road map, close to home is here
    Very Proud member #99
    Official Herd Hugger
    Count your life by smiles, not tears:
    Count your age by friends, not years.
    Old bikers don't gray, they CHROME OUT!!

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
      ... on a Mustang solo seat for an '07 Sportster. (Mustang pt #76159)

My butt has had it. The stock seat gets uncomfortable after about 45-50 miles, and downright painful after about 70.
      It's my tail bone gettin' no blood. Side effect of my chronic noassatal.

I've put over 9k miles in this one and it's gettin' worse, not better.

Did Bonsai sell that one he had..? Anybody seen Bonsai lately?
      Don't know that I could afford his 2-up model, I'm kinda really likin' the solo like Osco's got on his Roadster.
      I'm too big to 2-up much.

Make me an offer I can't refuse.
      #00038 MAY HE REST IN PEACE!

I listen to the voices in my wives head that tell her to tell me what to do.

Comment

Sporty- My lack of built-in support in my butt allows my tailbone to get softly compressed in the cushy stock seat, which in turn effectively blocks blood flow... after enough time, my butt goes numb, but then starts to feel like when your foot goes to sleep - continually. All I have to do is stand up and have a smoke or walk around for a few minutes, let the blood back in, and I'm good for another hour or so. What I really need is a firm material I wont' sink into so perfectly. Marty's Mustang is as hard as a church pew by comparison, but it wouldn't let my butt sink in and go to sleep. This is just how he describes the effect too.

Bonsai- You didn't sell it yet??? Is it firm? I know your wife didn't like it 'cause it raised her an inch or so, but was that due to the stiffness of the seat partly?
        What did she end up with?
        Last edited by Monk; 07-20-2010, 06:13 AM.
        Official Herd Dumbass
        (Ask anybody)

MONK
        Crocified '07 XL1200C
        Herd #34

Comment

Bonsai- You didn't sell it yet??? Is it firm? I know your wife didn't like it 'cause it raised her an inch or so, but was that due to the stiffness of the seat partly?
          What did she end up with?
          We got a few bites but no takers and got slack about trying to sell it. The original price is not firm, make me an offer. I might even be willing to split the set as we got a request once for the back only. Doubt that guy is still interested but I'd consider anything just to get it off the shelf and on someone's bike where it belongs.

She's on the stock and it's working for her. We discovered it didn't actually raise her as much as the wider seat made her legs spread wider and because of that she couldn't flat foot it.

Comment

I'd make a good offer, for sure! But I just sniped one off an eBay auction (bid with 2 seconds remaining - dirty trick!) for $168 including shipping.

So maybe we'll talk about how much you'd take for the passenger pillion..?
            My daughter is peeved it's a solo I bought.
            Official Herd Dumbass
            (Ask anybody)

MONK
            Crocified '07 XL1200C
            Herd #34

Comment

You old Sniper you:laughout:laughout:laughout
              Glad you were able to get one. I really like my
              LaPera solo seat, but at about 75mph......the buzzing
              puts my butt to sleep in a hurry. If I keep it out of the
              vibration zone, I'm good easily into 100 mile stops for
              gas.
              Regard Sonny
              2007 FLHX Street Glide HERD #35
              Route 66 "The Mother Road" Thank You Cyrus Avery!

Comment

$168 is lower than I'd have felt good about offering a brother Herdster for it!
                I know you should get about $325-350 for yours. I'm just broke, is all.
                Official Herd Dumbass
                (Ask anybody)

MONK
                Crocified '07 XL1200C
                Herd #34

Comment

Personally Sonny, I think the LePera is the best lookin' seat around that keeps any of the original lines for the bike's look. I'd have one in a second, but they tend to lower the rider, too.
                  There're some nice Corbins, and a coupla' Dan Gray's that are sweet, too. Their pricing reflects this in spades.
                  I needed a firmer seat and raising an inch or even two is desirable for my large butt.

Danged thing has to come all the way from CA... I'll go nuts waiting.
                  Official Herd Dumbass
                  (Ask anybody)

MONK
                  Crocified '07 XL1200C
                  Herd #34

Comment

Anyone have a Mustang or similar seat with a backrest for a '06 Dyna Super Glide? Husband's back is not doing well; if he can't find something to make riding more comfortable, he's going to sell it (which means mine will have to go too). Help!
                    Patti, HERD Georgia Girl #113

RubberDown/Double Secret Agent #19 and Ozzyrral #213...RIP
                    We will ride again wndchsr...
                    'If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.' - Katherine Hepburn

Comment

There're a bunch of other seats on eBay right now, probably find one that'll fit a Dyna.
                      Official Herd Dumbass
                      (Ask anybody)

MONK
                      Crocified '07 XL1200C
                      Herd #34

Comment

There're a bunch of other seats on eBay right now, probably find one that'll fit a Dyna.
                        Thanks Monk; I'll check right now!
                        Patti, HERD Georgia Girl #113

RubberDown/Double Secret Agent #19 and Ozzyrral #213...RIP
                        We will ride again wndchsr...
                        'If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.' - Katherine Hepburn

Comment

$168 is lower than I'd have felt good about offering a brother Herdster for it!
                          I know you should get about $325-350 for yours. I'm just broke, is all.
                          Just out of curiosity was that the solo only or the solo with drivers backrest?

Comment

Vintage solo only. I looked it up @ Mustang.com and a brand new one is $220 + shipping without passenger seat. They're crazy expensive at JP and other "discount houses". $300 range. The new pillions to go with it are in the $130 area from Mustang... more from JP et al.

This is all Osco's fault - I love his seat.
                            The one I got is identical.

Now I gotta find out where to get a fender nut to mount it.
                            Last edited by Monk; 07-21-2010, 07:40 AM.
                            Official Herd Dumbass
                            (Ask anybody)

MONK
                            Crocified '07 XL1200C
                            Herd #34

Comment

Vintage solo only. I looked it up @ Mustang.com and a brand new one is $220 + shipping. They're crazy expensive at JP and other "discount houses". $300 range.

This is all Osco's fault - I love his seat. The one I got is identical. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The new pillions to go with it are in the $130 area from Mustang... more from JP et al.

Now I gotta find out where to get a fender nut to mount it.
                              Thanks Monk. That helps me decide what to take for hers if I get off my ass and list it again. LOL

If you mean the insert for the fender, Harley stocks them or our local dealer does and I think it was 3 bucks

Comment

Working...
                              X