Went Ridin Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went Ridin Today

Jumped on the scoot at butt crack early O clock....headed for AZ and the breakfast buffet at the Flying J just over the border in Eirenburg, AZ....fiddled around there for a while and headed home....nice 400 mile ride.....bike ran 220 degree oil temp in 100+ degree weather.......
    Lee....... If ya ain't the lead dog... the view never changes....

Can weld anything but a broken heart

......It's a rebar thing.....
    HERD member # 00015

Originally posted by Blackdog 15 View Post
    Jumped on the scoot at butt crack early O clock....headed for AZ and the breakfast buffet at the Flying J just over the border in Eirenburg, AZ....fiddled around there for a while and headed home....nice 400 mile ride.....bike ran 220 degree oil temp in 100+ degree weather.......
    Thats a well tuned bike Lee.....Glad you had a good day brother.......g
    U.S. Army "Retired"
    (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

That's a good ride. I tried to go up to the mountains yesterday and got pretty close before it started to rain. I turned around and stayed away from the storms but had a good ride anyway.
      The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

Comment

Sounds like a great ride!
        H1E2R8D

Comment

Sounds like a good ride. I doubt my RK would have stayed that cool. lol
          Jeff
          09 FLHRCI
          Herd Member #00045

Comment

Pretty much a flat desert ride...without a lot of scenery...LOL....was nice breakin over the border into AZ....(no helmet law)....and I didn't get hassled once by the LEO's about my citizenship status....wonder why ???? LOL)....hummmmm..maybe the Alaska plate had somethin to do with it...LOL

HERD member # 00015

Comment

Citizenship??? As in getting singled out?
              2010 FLHX - Street Glide
              HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Sounds like you had a fun day dog. I wouldn't mind em asking for some proof of citizenship. Prolly won't be able to continue it though when the government gets through with em. Sad they can't even enforce the law of the land.
                2010 Ultra Limited/Merlot/Cherry
                Official HERD Member #00134

Comment

Sounds like a good ride Lee, definitly a well tuned machine!!!
                  Official HERD Member #00144
                  Sponsored by: Rainrider

Comment

Bike, road, wind .................................................. ........................................SWEET!
                    OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                    With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                    FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                    RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Great ride, Lee!! How do ya keep the temp at 220 with 100deg?? Please tell your secret!!!!!
                      OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                      2014 FLHXS
                      U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by BrianS View Post
                        Great ride, Lee!! How do ya keep the temp at 220 with 100deg?? Please tell your secret!!!!!
                        I run Mobil 1 20W-50 synthetic in the motor & the primary.......Then Mobil 1 75W-140 synthetic gear oil in the transmission.....then I run a Purepower lifetime oil filter, (flows 22 gpm versus HD OEM filters that flow 7-9 gpm).....I also run two oil coolers running one after the other....and a JAGG unthermostated oil cooler/filter adapter versus Harley's unit that open at 185 degrees F.....put this all together and it stays a lot cooler than normal......

HERD member # 00015

Comment

Working...
                        X