Motorcycle Roads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Roads

When planning a weekend ride I've tried a few spots to see what decent roads are around. The place that does OK for me is www.motorcycleroads.com but there must be other ones also.

Just wondering what other sites people use.
    x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
    HERD member #66
    HS I Survivor
    HS II Survivor
    HS III Survivor
    HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

I never plan a ride. I just get on and go! I try and stay to roads with the least traffic.
    HERD Member #114
    2007 FLHTCU Ultra Classic
    When all else fails, GET A BIGGER HAMMER!
    If common sense was so common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Comment

i usuaally just ride any which way and when i feel like turning around i turn on the GPS and hit home and it take me home...;)
      HERDSTER #00115
      Herdstock II survivor
      Herdstock III survivor
      Herdstock IV survivor
      Herdstock VI survivor
      MOO TON CREW member
      I like the dog. If he can't eat it or f**k it, he pisses on it. I can get behind that

Comment

Out here in the west of Canada and USA we have an organization called Destination Highways who produce books specifically for the motorcycle rider. The books are dedicated to areas such as British Columbia, Washington state, Northern California etc...The books are written by riders who travel the routes and offer information about the routes including road conditions, points of interest, food and rest areas, etc, etc. The books are $45.00 Cdn. and worth every penny. I have three and will use them again this year. You can visit the site at www.destinationhighways.com ...
        Chris (Steveston)
        Herd # 93
        Retired Navy Vet

Comment

Hey G, normally I just use mapquest for some directions and head out. Do most of my miles in Michigan, and have become very familiar with the northern part of the state.

The link you posted looks like a great help for some "new" riding areas, and I just may put to use.
          There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
          R.I.P. RubberDown
          R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
          Reese

Comment

When I head out of Chicago it takes a good hour or two of riding just to get to some decent areas. We normally head up to Wisconsin but one year we head down to southern Indiana and this site gave me some good areas to spend some time. If I'm just heading out for the day I'll just ride for a while and then head back but if I'm planning a weekend I like to find some nice areas to get to so I can get the most out of it. There was another web site I used a couple of times (www.motorcyclistonline.com or something like that) that was OK also. Since riders post to these sites it usually points out some good roads off the regular highway.

Glyde, didn't you do the Copper Harbor trip last year? That was a great trip when I did it.
            x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
            HERD member #66
            HS I Survivor
            HS II Survivor
            HS III Survivor
            HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

Originally posted by Geespot View Post
              When I head out of Chicago it takes a good hour or two of riding just to get to some decent areas. We normally head up to Wisconsin but one year we head down to southern Indiana and this site gave me some good areas to spend some time. If I'm just heading out for the day I'll just ride for a while and then head back but if I'm planning a weekend I like to find some nice areas to get to so I can get the most out of it. There was another web site I used a couple of times (www.motorcyclistonline.com or something like that) that was OK also. Since riders post to these sites it usually points out some good roads off the regular highway.

Glyde, didn't you do the Copper Harbor trip last year? That was a great trip when I did it.
              Guess I am lucky to have a mile ride over the St. Marys River to Soo Mi. and have endless miles of great riding.

The trip to Copper Harbor was fantastic. Thinking of heading back that way this summer, too many roads that can't be rode in just one weekend. Also, there are always many riders out in that area every weekend in the summer.
              There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
              R.I.P. RubberDown
              R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
              Reese

Comment

Good site. I checked that site out in the past and it gave me some ideas of routes to check out.
                Joe

2009 FLHTCU Ultra Classic - Vivid Black
                Brand #121

Comment

Working...
                X