Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bracket for GPS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bracket for GPS

    I ordered the Garmin 1390T for my Street Glide and was looking at mounts for it.

    Any recommendations before I order one that might not be well suited for the stock bars that's on my scooter?

    .
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003


  • #2
    Talk to CraigerHD I think he's got a good thing goin the way he done


    Else I build one like mine for ya boss it dont look too homemade
    THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
    How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by vlade View Post
      Talk to CraigerHD I think he's got a good thing goin the way he done


      Else I build one like mine for ya boss it dont look too homemade
      I found them at around $20 and $30. If I can't find something good...I'll let you know.
      .
      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
      HERD MEMBER #00003

      Comment


      • #4
        I have my Zumo mounted on the left handlebar using the RAM mounting hardware that came with it. Works fine. I also just added the one RAM add-on so the XM30 antenna will mount up there with it.

        The MoCo also makes a fairing mount for the Zumo that I purchased. Specifically, it's one of THESE <clicky>. Since I added the XM receiver, it won't work for me, so if you think you'd be interested in it, let me know and I'll make a deal with ya.
        Official HERD Member #00143

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I like the fairing mount! I was also looking how I would be able to do that. If it will work with the 1390T, I might take your offer.
          .
          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
          HERD MEMBER #00003

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
            I like the fairing mount! I was also looking how I would be able to do that. If it will work with the 1390T, I might take your offer.
            it comes with template to drill holes you'll have to remove yur cap to do it. But you would probably do that anyway to wire it. Dont know how well it would fit another garmin model
            THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
            How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

            Comment


            • #7
              It should fit depending on the adapter that comes with the Garmin is what Geek said. Might have to do some riggoriging but I have tons of rigging parts and should be able to make it work.

              Thanks guys!
              .
              2010 FLHX - Street Glide
              HERD MEMBER #00003

              Comment


              • #8
                Have you seen the Kuryatkys (or however you spell it) They replace the gas cap on Road / Electra Glides and the GPS mounts there. Here is a picture of my E-Glide. Wife has one on her Tri-Glide. They are a bit pricey, about a hundred bucks...... but what the hell, it's your Harley!
                Attached Files
                Official Member #00149
                2 Stinking Trikes, '09 % '11
                Social Security and Medicare
                Qualified! 65 and still riding
                Official Bona fide Geezer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by screwball View Post
                  Have you seen the Kuryatkys (or however you spell it) They replace the gas cap on Road / Electra Glides and the GPS mounts there. Here is a picture of my E-Glide. Wife has one on her Tri-Glide. They are a bit pricey, about a hundred bucks...... but what the hell, it's your Harley!
                  That's pretty cool right there screwball....Thanks for the post and the picture.
                  Biker Geek has his packed and ready to send it to me. He's throwing in a bunch of chrome too....LOL
                  So I'll try that first and see how it goes.
                  .
                  2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                  HERD MEMBER #00003

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Just Installed the Kuryakyn on my 09 Streetglide and modified it to fit my Garmin Nuvi 1350... The RAM mount suited for my 1350 has an incorrect hole dimension for the Kuryakyn. I constructed an adapter and works fine...
                    Chris (Steveston)
                    Herd # 93
                    Retired Navy Vet

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm pretty handy and you know I'll post up once I get it rigged. And I know I,m gonna have to use duct tape somewhere. I wanted to splurge on a nice GPS device but I had some points on one of the CC's and used that instead.
                      .
                      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                      HERD MEMBER #00003

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Check this out http://www.MountGuys.com/category_s/2864.htm
                        valve... check_valve... HERD #007
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        God Bless U.S. Troops
                        __________________________________________________ ___
                        => Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul <=

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                          I'm pretty handy and you know I'll post up once I get it rigged. And I know I,m gonna have to use duct tape somewhere. I wanted to splurge on a nice GPS device but I had some points on one of the CC's and used that instead.
                          You know me...I'd fab it out of stainless & have it polished....it's a welder/fabricator thing...LOL... :) :)
                          Lee....... If ya ain't the lead dog... the view never changes....

                          Can weld anything but a broken heart

                          ......It's a rebar thing.....
                          HERD member # 00015

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by check_valve View Post
                            I checked those out but was concerned with the swivel parts and the thread. I have surveillance camera's that have the swivel and after time (wind) they started moving around. I had to pour Gorilla Glue to make them just stay put.


                            Originally posted by Blackdog 15 View Post
                            You know me...I'd fab it out of stainless & have it polished....it's a welder/fabricator thing...LOL... :) :)
                            Check your mail....Sending it your way.... :)
                            .
                            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                            HERD MEMBER #00003

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                              I checked those out but was concerned with the swivel parts and the thread. I have surveillance camera's that have the swivel and after time (wind) they started moving around. I had to pour Gorilla Glue to make them just stay put.




                              Check your mail....Sending it your way.... :)
                              hummmm,,,you would...LOL
                              Lee....... If ya ain't the lead dog... the view never changes....

                              Can weld anything but a broken heart

                              ......It's a rebar thing.....
                              HERD member # 00015

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X