Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sidecar or not to sidecar? that is the question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sidecar or not to sidecar? that is the question

    I just was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to find a used sidecar for my 2003 Ultra. I have not really decided to buy one yet I'm just trying to get an idea of what one would run me. It would be nice to be able to take the whole family for a ride every once in awhile. Also has anyone every rode with a sidecar? is it difficult to get used to? I imagine it would be like drive a trike but not clear. thanks

    Official HERD Member #00138

  • #2
    BadInfluence has a side car on one of his scoots
    Ride in Peace Wndchsr


    www.my.doterra.com/jbush

    Comment


    • #3
      One for the cow???
      .
      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
      HERD MEMBER #00003

      Comment


      • #4
        i wouldn't call my wife a cow, but i'll let her know you did. LOL
        Official HERD Member #00138

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bullhurley View Post
          i wouldn't call my wife a cow, but i'll let her know you did. LOL
          oh man boss is in for it now :)

          Josh #00042
          R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

          Comment


          • #6
            Opps, nice knowing you Boss....
            The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bullhurley View Post
              I just was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to find a used sidecar for my 2003 Ultra. I have not really decided to buy one yet I'm just trying to get an idea of what one would run me. It would be nice to be able to take the whole family for a ride every once in awhile. Also has anyone every rode with a sidecar? is it difficult to get used to? I imagine it would be like drive a trike but not clear. thanks

              I seen close sidecar model years on craigs list all the time for 35-5000$.

              I been driving a sidecar for a couple years now and it took awhile to get use to it. It helped alot to have this online manual that I will find and send to you in a day or so. It explains the techniques,set up and tings to watch out for Its tricky, you have to pay attention and be hyper on the ball all the while trying to look cool,lol.

              By its self(nobody in it) I can run it 70MPH no problem. Its only tossed(lifted) unexpectedly 2-3 times since I own it.

              Any help I can lend let me know.

              Heres a little info:

              http://www.sidecar-industry.com/techpages.htm

              California sidecars makes nice looking and less expensive:

              http://www.californiasidecar.com/sid...companion.html
              Last edited by badinfluence63; 06-30-2010, 02:51 PM.
              HERD#00004
              *disclaimer: I am not an expert. Like everyone else I have an opinion.

              HS1 and HS2 Attendee
              http://forum.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/

              Paracord Crew Member

              Comment


              • #8


                What should I do now! I am sure glad BadInlfuence63 is offering advice which might defuse the confrontation! Bull...You say one word about this to anyone and I'll...heck..I'm too nervous to think straight right now.

                .
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

                Comment


                • #9
                  Heres a lead on used sidecars:

                  http://www.sidecar.com/mbbs22/forums...view.asp?fid=9

                  Heres the how to PDF:

                  http://www.sidecar.com/Files/SC%20OP%20Manual.pdf

                  Reading the PDF over and over helped. I would have liked to have taken the hands on sidecar course but like I said reading this helped me tremondously. You don't just jump on a sidecar and take off sight unseen with no over view. People do and get killed.

                  Read all the material you can get your hands on, take it slow cause its way different.
                  Last edited by badinfluence63; 06-30-2010, 05:15 PM.
                  HERD#00004
                  *disclaimer: I am not an expert. Like everyone else I have an opinion.

                  HS1 and HS2 Attendee
                  http://forum.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/

                  Paracord Crew Member

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                    One for the cow???
                    It's OK, he calls me a cow all the time. I think it's an affectionate HERD thing.

                    :cow

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mrs. Boss View Post
                      It's OK, he calls me a cow all the time. I think it's an affectionate HERD thing.

                      :cow
                      Yeah..thats what it is.
                      HERD#00004
                      *disclaimer: I am not an expert. Like everyone else I have an opinion.

                      HS1 and HS2 Attendee
                      http://forum.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/

                      Paracord Crew Member

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        good thing we are the HERD and not HOG isn't it???? :):):)
                        Ride in Peace Wndchsr


                        www.my.doterra.com/jbush

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wow...This is what I call real spousal support. Thanks Mrs. for bailing me out. I was really in a pinch!
                          .
                          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                          HERD MEMBER #00003

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mrs. Boss View Post
                            It's OK, he calls me a cow all the time. I think it's an affectionate HERD thing.

                            :cow
                            If I call my wife a cow I better cover up because I'm about to be hit with something. :)

                            BTW, I've never ridden a bike with a sidecar or ridden a trike. It must be really weird riding one. But I think a trike is not too far in my future.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tucson_Tim View Post
                              If I call my wife a cow I better cover up because I'm about to be hit with something. :)

                              BTW, I've never ridden a bike with a sidecar or ridden a trike. It must be really weird riding one. But I think a trike is not too far in my future.
                              After 30 years of marital blizzard what ever I say falls on deaf ears,lol.

                              test ride before you commit on either the trike or S/C bike.
                              HERD#00004
                              *disclaimer: I am not an expert. Like everyone else I have an opinion.

                              HS1 and HS2 Attendee
                              http://forum.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/

                              Paracord Crew Member

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X