Motorcycle Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanna Ride View Post
    Haven't been on here very much lately. As much as I hate to admit it... I think it's time to sell mine. Any ride more than about thirty minutes and my back is just killing me. I really thought this day would come many years from now, but the fact is, it's here now. I really saw the signs a year or two ago, but didn't want to accept it. Too many years as a younger man and thinking I was invincible, have destroyed my back, knees, and ankles. Too much bad football coaching when I was in high school, and bad training techniques. Too much severe abuse working in the trades in the early years of my career, for employers who didn't care or appreciate your loyalty and efforts. And just not enough overall self-awareness. Some will say, "change the seat, or the bars, etc". But the truth is, my back needs to be changed. And we know that can't happen. Fact is... just typing this, is almost as painful.

So unfortunately, I'll be selling it off soon. I just can't stand to see it sit in the garage any longer, and going unused. It needs to be out there, hammering out some miles. Someone will be very happy and proud to call it theirs. Worst part of all of this... I'm only 50. Getting old sucks, we're certainly not 25 years old forever.
    I know exactly how you feel.
    I am only 40 and my back causes me constant pain too. And yes, it limits much of what I can do
    Ride in Peace Wndchsr

Comment

Working...
    X