• Motive
    replied
    haha!

Nah, yours has more of a U shape to it, than a big assed O

Leave a comment:

• Dave63
    replied
    Originally posted by Motive View Post
    Yeah, I've always avoided 3/4 helmets because of the Spaceballs effect, but yours looks much better.
    Now you sound like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddy Shack..... "Nice hat. Does it come with a bowl of soup? Oh....but it looks good on you!!" :)

Leave a comment:

• Motive
    replied
    "We ain't found shit!"

Yeah, I've always avoided 3/4 helmets because of the Spaceballs effect, but yours looks much better.

Think I'll give the new "retro" helmet a go, I f*ckin hate my FF, except when it's raining or cold as a witch's tit...gonna need somethin for out of state riding.
    Last edited by Motive; 05-28-2010, 10:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave63
    replied
    "May the Scwartz be with you......."

"Comb the beach!!"

Leave a comment:

• Bonsai
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave63 View Post
    No significance of the color, but the helmet is an original "One-Sixty", made in Canada, DOT approved, made in Oct. 1972.

It was given to me by Dean. Right now, the craze are these repop 3/4 helmets that cost $100-150 and this one is an original. I gutted it, saved the decals inside and replaced the interior and liner. On Ebay, on the Asian market, it would sell for close to $300-1000 if I put it up. One in mint condition sold over last summer to a guy in Japan, for $3000. I kid you not. Not the same brand, but same style.
    Thanks and WOW on the value.

Her first comment before asking about the color was that she had one "just like it" and wore it for many years. She got her first street bike in '73 or '74. Her's was white and the first thing she did was spray paint it black.

Leave a comment:

• gtoracer
    replied
    That's gotta be trick photography......:laughout.....Beautiful transformation....Glenn

Leave a comment:

• Motive
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave63 View Post
    No significance of the color, but the helmet is an original "One-Sixty", made in Canada, DOT approved, made in Oct. 1972.

It was given to me by Dean. Right now, the craze are these repop 3/4 helmets that cost $100-150 and this one is an original. I gutted it, saved the decals inside and replaced the interior and liner. On Ebay, on the Asian market, it would sell for close to $300-1000 if I put it up. One in mint condition sold over last summer to a guy in Japan, for $3000. I kid you not. Not the same brand, but same style.
    Really diggin how low profile that helmet looks...hard to find that with the current DoT standards or whatever, I've seen Bell come out with a "retro" helmet that claims low profile DoT rating.... they all look like those helmets on Spaceballs now...

Leave a comment:

• sonnyd
    replied
    That's a Great job Dave!!!!!! Nice to see an old Horse brought back to life, and loved and cared for............and RIDDEN!!!!
    Regards Sonny

Leave a comment:

• Ironhead
    replied
    and to think that guy I know had me paint over his helmet, lage flake painted design that was originally painted in 1972

Leave a comment:

• Dave63
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonsai View Post
    Hey Dave, a question if you don't mind<----I always chuckle when I say that or hear that cause the damn question is coming anyway.

Last night I was showing mrs B all the Herdstock pics and she picked your bike out for questions so I showed her this thread (she was duely impressed). Then we went back to the Herdstock pics and she said..."there must be a reason his helmet is blue, what's the story?"

I said...uhhh...I don't know and then I got the "look". So I'm asking..."is there a significance to the blue?"

If not can you make up a good story so maybe it'll get me a brownie point for asking? LMAO

Last edited by Dave63; 05-28-2010, 06:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ironhead
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonsai View Post

If not can you make up a good story so maybe it'll get me a brownie point for asking? LMAO

Leave a comment:

• Bonsai
    replied
    Hey Dave, a question if you don't mind<----I always chuckle when I say that or hear that cause the damn question is coming anyway.

Last night I was showing mrs B all the Herdstock pics and she picked your bike out for questions so I showed her this thread (she was duely impressed). Then we went back to the Herdstock pics and she said..."there must be a reason his helmet is blue, what's the story?"

I said...uhhh...I don't know and then I got the "look". So I'm asking..."is there a significance to the blue?"

Leave a comment:

• toorglide
    replied
    Originally posted by vlade View Post
    Ya'll crazy if ya think Daves done moddin, next year it will have another look I'm sure

prolly wont get any pics or pre-idea of what it looks like....he'll just roll into camp, and we'll all wonder who the new guy is...lol

Leave a comment:

• vlade
    replied
    Originally posted by gruss View Post
    tassles are banned west of the mississippi, and I know all about banned........
    dont let gruss scare ya off Dave "Dont fear the tassle" as per blue oyster cult

I think I got that right????

Leave a comment:

• gruss
    replied
    tassles are banned west of the mississippi, and I know all about banned........

Leave a comment:

Working...
X