Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRAIGERHD
    replied
    Especially when we have a drag strip 30 mins from the city,you can run what ya brung all day for bout 20 bucks.

Leave a comment:

• V-Girl
    replied
    Originally posted by gruss View Post
    Very likely.....
    We have been pretty lucky here with insurance pricing....
    My total for all insurance I buy is just over $ 1200 per year....That covers my house, cars, bike, even the dog for 2K if she needs to go to the vet...
    With 3 kids in the house.....
    Its cheap...

Until I add up my health insurance.....Thats a different story......
    You sure are lucky! Hope it remains the same.....

My car insurance - daily driver ( that is full coverage ) is $1600/yr...just paid it yesterday!

Leave a comment:

• gruss
    replied
    Originally posted by CRAIGERHD View Post
    Aroung here Mo, almost every week some kid on a rice burner either kills himself or hits something, seriously ! friday night a r.r. doing 180 kms an hr hit a kid on a bmx bike in a 60 zone, killed the kid and the guy and his GIRLFRIEND are both still in critical condition.
    Street racing is also a huge problem.
    why cant these people get a clue ???

Leave a comment:

• Drum Dog
    replied
    I used Harley-Davidson Insurance Services. It is a broker who shops nothing but motorcycle insurance. They found a good deal for me, a lot less than the quotes I was finding on my own, because they were thinking of carriers that did not come to my mind.

Leave a comment:

• CRAIGERHD
    replied
    Originally posted by Motive View Post
    just falling over in the parking lot will be more expensive for a crotch rocket, than a cruiser...considering the cost of fairings/moldings etc...aside from the power:weight coupled with general lack of riding experience.
    Aroung here Mo, almost every week some kid on a rice burner either kills himself or hits something, seriously ! friday night a r.r. doing 180 kms an hr hit a kid on a bmx bike in a 60 zone, killed the kid and the guy and his GIRLFRIEND are both still in critical condition.
    Street racing is also a huge problem.

Leave a comment:

• pro50
    replied
    i only pay 308.00 a year for my 08 street glide with 2000.00 extra's and road side asistance and and all with geico. this is less than half of the quotes i had from anyone else. i used to pay 700.00 range but have been with geico since 2003 now.

Leave a comment:

• Motive
    replied
    just falling over in the parking lot will be more expensive for a crotch rocket, than a cruiser...considering the cost of fairings/moldings etc...aside from the power:weight coupled with general lack of riding experience.

Leave a comment:

• gruss
    replied
    A couple of young fellas here at work who ride rice burners are easily paying double for 750 gsxrs....wonder why....most insurance co's lump all bikes together, cruisers and crotch rockets all the same to them.The co. i found doesn't.
    Mine separates them out as well.....Rice rockets are double to triple the price....I guess we all know why.....
    but I'm glad they are willing to take the price hit for me....LOL

Leave a comment:

• CRAIGERHD
    replied
    A couple of young fellas here at work who ride rice burners are easily paying double for 750 gsxrs....wonder why....most insurance co's lump all bikes together, cruisers and crotch rockets all the same to them.The co. i found doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• gruss
    replied
    Yep , the old supply and demand concept.....
    Yup, but I'm amazed at the price difference between people who have the same coverage, and the same situation. It really pays off to price shop, because these companies are going to charge you as much as you'll let them take. A little hardball goes a long way...IMHO

Leave a comment:

• CRAIGERHD
    replied
    Yep , the old supply and demand concept.....

Leave a comment:

• gruss
    replied
    I know just going from Travis to Williamson county is a drop in rates. Travis has alot more college kids and illegals, Williamson has notoriously strict cops....which is fine, because it keeps alot of the college kids and illegals out, not to mention much less panhandling deadbeats.
    The same holds true for me If I go 30 miles more into Salt Lake City, the rates can go up by nearly 20 percent...Not sure but It sounds like a population count thing....HHmmm

Leave a comment:

• Motive
    replied
    I know just going from Travis to Williamson county is a drop in rates. Travis has alot more college kids and illegals, Williamson has notoriously strict cops....which is fine, because it keeps alot of the college kids and illegals out, not to mention much less panhandling deadbeats.

Leave a comment:

• gruss
    replied
    Probably has alot to do with being in Utah....vs TX

Probably alot less uninsured motorists...
    Very likely.....
    We have been pretty lucky here with insurance pricing....
    My total for all insurance I buy is just over $ 1200 per year....That covers my house, cars, bike, even the dog for 2K if she needs to go to the vet...
    With 3 kids in the house.....
    Its cheap...

Until I add up my health insurance.....Thats a different story......

Leave a comment:

• Motive
    replied
    Probably has alot to do with being in Utah....vs TX

Probably alot less uninsured motorists...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X