No announcement yet.

Bike insurance $$$$$$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have state farm and pay $179 full coverage per year on '10 WideGlide!!
    OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
    2014 FLHXS
    U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Sure is different here...I take my chances and have liability only...$260 per year covers both bikes. If I went for full coverage on both it would be over $7,000-$8,000!!! ed
      Official "Herd Booze taste tester!"

Member #0006 :babe

"Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......" In memory of Rick.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianS View Post
        I have state farm and pay $179 full coverage per year on '10 WideGlide!!
        What!? ed
        Jeff
        09 FLHRCI
        Herd Member #00045

Comment

I pay a little over $300 a year for full coverage, and that covers my HD and 2 ATV's.
          -Steve, MSgt USAF
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
          HERD Member #73 (thanks Boss!)
          RIP TSgt Jason Norton and SSgt Brian McElroy-KIA 22 Jan 06 near Taji, Iraq. You'll never be forgotten...

Comment

Either you fellas are really old, or live in a desolate location...or both.
            It's not "derailed", as long as the last post relates to the post above it...it's just on a different rail, heading into a more interesting direction

Comment

Originally posted by Motive View Post
              Either you fellas are really old, or live in a desolate location...or both.
              I can't comment,cuz i don't get it. maybe it'll help to know the year of the bikes and details of coverage, like is it replacement cost ?What are the deductables ?How much is the bike worth ?

The demographic statistics of theft & crashes etc.... those prices are fuggin way low for lets just say $25.000 motorcycle. I use to pay 600.00 all in for a $7000.00 motorcycle.
              Not sure we're compairing apples to apples.
              HERD MEMBER #0057

If i only had more time..............

Comment

Wow that is expensive. Went with Allstate, the agent is a biker and for my bikes and the kids bikes about 950 a year (5 bikes)..
                I was really surprised and pleased.
                Herd #00049 formerly Soccer... Time for a change

Comment

Originally posted by CRAIGERHD View Post
                  I can't comment,cuz i don't get it. maybe it'll help to know the year of the bikes and details of coverage, like is it replacement cost ?What are the deductables ?How much is the bike worth ?

The demographic statistics of theft & crashes etc.... those prices are fuggin way low for lets just say $25.000 motorcycle. I use to pay 600.00 all in for a $7000.00 motorcycle.
                  Well considering they're all HD, they're all over the 1000CC barrier, except for the 883. Not sure if "VROD" means "More money" (it was on par with the rest of the floor models when I bought it) in the eyes of an insurance leech (maybe it's classified something other than "cruiser"), but I'm a few cubes smaller than an 80, and only 50CC higher than a 1200 sporty.
                  It's not "derailed", as long as the last post relates to the post above it...it's just on a different rail, heading into a more interesting direction

Comment

Well considering they're all HD, they're all over the 1000CC barrier, except for the 883. Not sure if "VROD" means "More money" (it was on par with the rest of the floor models when I bought it) in the eyes of an insurance leech (maybe it's classified something other than "cruiser"), but I'm a few cubes smaller than an 80, and only 50CC higher than a 1200 sporty.
                    My insurance broker put me with a special company on the bikes because of the V-Rod...high risk or something and then the speeding tickets...:ouch wave
                    Official "Herd Booze taste tester!"

Member #0006 :babe

"Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......" In memory of Rick.

Comment

Originally posted by CRAIGERHD View Post

One of my legion riders has an '09 RK , and pays just over 300 per year through State Farm for "full" coverage. Comp, collision, un-insured, under insured, and liability....If he farts on the seat its covered....WE get good deals here...He's into his about 35 K.......
                      U.S. Army "Retired"
                      (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

Probably has alot to do with being in Utah....vs TX

Probably alot less uninsured motorists...

Comment

Probably has alot to do with being in Utah....vs TX

Probably alot less uninsured motorists...
                          Very likely.....
                          We have been pretty lucky here with insurance pricing....
                          My total for all insurance I buy is just over $ 1200 per year....That covers my house, cars, bike, even the dog for 2K if she needs to go to the vet...
                          With 3 kids in the house.....
                          Its cheap...

Until I add up my health insurance.....Thats a different story......
                          U.S. Army "Retired"
                          (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

I know just going from Travis to Williamson county is a drop in rates. Travis has alot more college kids and illegals, Williamson has notoriously strict cops....which is fine, because it keeps alot of the college kids and illegals out, not to mention much less panhandling deadbeats.

Comment

I know just going from Travis to Williamson county is a drop in rates. Travis has alot more college kids and illegals, Williamson has notoriously strict cops....which is fine, because it keeps alot of the college kids and illegals out, not to mention much less panhandling deadbeats.
                              The same holds true for me If I go 30 miles more into Salt Lake City, the rates can go up by nearly 20 percent...Not sure but It sounds like a population count thing....HHmmm
                              U.S. Army "Retired"
                              (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

Yep , the old supply and demand concept.....
                                HERD MEMBER #0057

If i only had more time..............

Comment

Working...
                                X