Arlen Ness Big Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlen Ness Big Shot

It looks like the Arlen Ness Big Shot is actually made and labeled by these guys:

Dobeck Performance

The instruction manual for it can be found here:

Installation/Programming Instructions

As far as mods, all my bike has is the Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Breather Kit, the Big Shot, and the Vance & Hines Staggered Short Shots.

Supposedly it's set up for my bike (stock) when you hook it up, then you go through and tweak it where you need...but I don't get what Red and Green fuel is and it doesn't seem to do what it's supposed to do according to the instructions...as far as cycling through the modes.

Arlen Ness design's bikes....only! When he comes up with something different he farms it out to the engineers and they put it in to production! He of coarse get's paid royalties!!!
    OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
    With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
    FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
    RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

need some info.

1st: whats the problem or what do we want to do?

http://www.electronicjetkit.com/Harl...number=9120266 look at these instructions and see if they make any more sense.
      Last edited by BigWorm; 10-30-2010, 08:16 PM.
      Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

Originally posted by BigWorm View Post
        need some info.

1st: whats the problem or what do we want to do?

http://www.electronicjetkit.com/Harl...number=9120266 look at these instructions and see if they make any more sense.
        Those make a lot more sense. The chart helps break down the six modes. I don't suppose I have a problem per say...I'm just really lurchy in first (hard to ride slower than 15mph without feathering the clutch), so I think my mode 1 could come down a little; and I'd like more power during acceleration, so my mode 3 I guess could be tweaked a little.

Comment

this can be as simple as going back to stage 1 settings. thats the first thing i would do. that should be a good baseline to start with because it "should" be a known good setting.
          Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

has the dealer or anyone else re-mapped the ecm for stage 1? or is it still a stock ecm with the big shot installed?

Comment

I think its a stock ecm with the big shot installed. I'll have to send a text to the previous owner to find out for sure.

Comment

have you changed the adjustments.
                Last edited by BigWorm; 11-04-2010, 09:32 AM.

Comment

hey hobo, where we at with this?

Comment

Working...
                  X