Heavy breather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy breather

i finally did it! heavy breather will be here today, cant wait to get it on the glide! i will more than likely be selling the SE stage 1 air cleaner kit now to recoop some of the cash for the new one. anyone interested it fits 2008 and up only. next is cams but i really want the 21" front wheel,well i guess this list could go on forever on the WANT list.....lol
    Todd Pearson
    Herd #118
    AMA #366336
    SERA #107 (Southern Enduro Riders Assoc)
    08 FLHX, TW555's, TTS Mastertune

Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and here I thought You would have some pics. of one of Me old gurlfriends.:laughout
    Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

installed it last friday, easy install but still have not got to ride it. i will ride it today. i dont expect to see a performance increase over the stage 1 SE kit i took off other than the sucking air sound BUT it looks really cool!
      Todd Pearson
      Herd #118
      AMA #366336
      SERA #107 (Southern Enduro Riders Assoc)
      08 FLHX, TW555's, TTS Mastertune

Comment

pro50, I was told that it was just a cosmetic change for the SE heavy breather !! but i gained 1& 1/2 hp and 3& 1/2 pft on my sporty not much but any time you can gain in the hp& fpt area i`ll take it!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!
        herd member #00112
        smitty
        2009 nightster
        AMA#262299 LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Originally posted by pro50 View Post
          i finally did it! heavy breather will be here today, cant wait to get it on the glide! i will more than likely be selling the SE stage 1 air cleaner kit now to recoop some of the cash for the new one. anyone interested it fits 2008 and up only. next is cams but i really want the 21" front wheel,well i guess this list could go on forever on the WANT list.....lol
          Have a look at the SE203 cam.
          Official HERD Member #00154

Comment

They tell me I breath heavy on some phone calls................................
            OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
            With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
            FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
            RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
              Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and here I thought You would have some pics. of one of Me old gurlfriends.:laughout
              Amazing how the subject line can really get your attention.........GOT MINE also. Known some heavy breathers also.
              Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
              Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
              Official HERD Member #00139

Comment

The HB is will gain you a small amount, it will breathe better than the normal stage 1 filter but you get your best gains in the high rpm range..
                AKA 09 blackthunder herd# 92

Comment

Curiosity question..........do the newer Harleys have a computer to adjust the fuel flow to compensate for the increased air the engine is now getting, or do you have to re-jet?

UF
                  http://evylchopper.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Unforgiven View Post
                    Curiosity question..........do the newer Harleys have a computer to adjust the fuel flow to compensate for the increased air the engine is now getting, or do you have to re-jet?

UF
                    Computer, everything is fuggin computerized now a day's! Carb's are a thing of the past.......jet's........soon people will be saying what's a jet? A big plane right?
                    OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                    With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                    FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                    RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

UF

Just like Croc said. Most everything is computer controlled these days. The problem with the Harley unit it is that it can only make minor adjustments in the A/F ratio. When you add an a/c and exhaust the system can't make up the difference and goes into a lean condition. In this case one would need a download from the dealer or stand alone tuner. I have the PCV on mine that I can make adjustments with my laptop.
                      Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

Official HERD Member #00130

Comment

UF
                        yes they have a open loop system in bikes with O2 sensors. the adjust themselves for things like altitude and weather changes, i've seen JUST the air filter changed or JUST the pipes changed and it adjust enough to compensate for the changes. its not recommended but it will work. i've seen little diode deals that plug into the pigtail to "fool" the ecm to adding more fuel ,there fairly inexpensive. then theres tuners that cost as much as you want to spend so to speak.
                        Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

to add to what i said, if you change both exhaust and air filter it will be a lean condition and the ecm isn't set up to make changes that drastic ,in time cause damage to the engine. i've seen the changes and results on a dyno, several times.
                          Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

I have ran thr XIED on my 2008 Dyna for +/- 25k miles. Ran cooler and noticed better throttle response and better overall running with the stage 1 and Rush exhaust 1.75 baffle. The larger baffles were better but I have always been told that the newer engines like backpressure, would need a tuner, so I changes back to the 1.75.
                            Installed the FL-VIED 10 (variable) on the 2011 103 Ultra, have stage 1 and V&H twin slash. So Far no decel popping, runs and sounds good, and can adjust the mixture. This is the closed loop area of the system.

I am no mechanic, understand enough about the ECM to be dangerous. Your results may vary.
                            Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
                            Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
                            Official HERD Member #00139

Comment

Since the EPA cracks down so much on Harley now, by changin to efi. Lots more to learn than havin a carb
                              AKA 09 blackthunder herd# 92

Comment

Working...
                              X