Upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades?

I have had my RK (2001 classic) for some time now and realy have not done anyhting to it and I think its time. I would like to get some more power out of it in the mid range. Was planning to swap cams out this winter and was looking a the SE204's or the S&S 510's. I am also going to do the 95" BB the following winter but I dont want to have to change the cams again. I already have a true dual exhaust set up with rush slip on's, the SE A/C and a power commander III installed. Its runs good but seems to lack some power in the mid range when I am loaded and riding 2up.

Any thoughts??
    HERDSTER #00115
    Herdstock II survivor
    Herdstock III survivor
    Herdstock IV survivor
    Herdstock VI survivor
    MOO TON CREW member
    I like the dog. If he can't eat it or f**k it, he pisses on it. I can get behind that

Waveman, BullHurley has a stageII 95BB running SE204's on his 2003. I have ridden that bike and it pulls like a MOFO around 3K rpms. He has had it on the dyno getting tuned so I would PM him on his take on it. I believe he has stated that it does not have the best street manners under 2500 RPM's but it sure does sound nice at idle.
    HERD # 00075
    08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
    USMC Veteran

Comment

A 2 into one header can get you a lot of bang for the buck. After all my other mods adding a Thunderheader gave me 10 more hp.
      Herd member #85

sigpic

Comment

I put true duals on a shovelhead. I was told later that you lose mid range when running these and I did notice the difference. They sure sound nice though.
        Herd member #85

sigpic

Comment

to me, a single pipe coming out the ass end of a bagger just makes it look uneven and looks heavy on the right side...JMO

granted, the performance is there on a 2-1, but like yer saying, intake/exhaust/cams/tuner should overcome and suffice on the street
          Twenty First Herdster
          * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
          ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
          99 FLSTF
          03 FLHTCI

Comment

Wav I would look a different cam. I for one am not to impressed. Now if you plan on stay above 3k sure use them. I have real problems under 3k.
            Official HERD Member #00138

Comment

I hear ya Toor. I had a Thunderheader with the falsee on the other side on a 2000 Road King. Went single on the FLHT. Guess I like the sport look now.
              Herd member #85

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhurley View Post
                Wav I would look a different cam. I for one am not to impressed. Now if you plan on stay above 3k sure use them. I have real problems under 3k.
                Thanks Bull. I will look at the 510's.
                HERDSTER #00115
                Herdstock II survivor
                Herdstock III survivor
                Herdstock IV survivor
                Herdstock VI survivor
                MOO TON CREW member
                I like the dog. If he can't eat it or f**k it, he pisses on it. I can get behind that

Comment

Originally posted by Strat HD View Post
                  I hear ya Toor. I had a Thunderheader with the falsee on the other side on a 2000 Road King. Went single on the FLHT. Guess I like the sport look now.
                  I think with the look of my bike the one pipe would look out of place, but I have herd that the 2-1 is a great power gainer.
                  HERDSTER #00115
                  Herdstock II survivor
                  Herdstock III survivor
                  Herdstock IV survivor
                  Herdstock VI survivor
                  MOO TON CREW member

Comment

For what its worth, a bud put the S&S 510G's in his '01 Road King and ya couldn't knock the chit eatin' grin off his face with a big stick.

His is not a fast(top end) rider, but he said they pulled really, really well.
                    There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
                    R.I.P. RubberDown
                    R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
                    Reese

Comment

thanks Glyde, thats what i was lookin for. Read alot about them and they seem to be a good midrange cam set and I shouldnt have to change them when I do the 95" BB
                      HERDSTER #00115
                      Herdstock II survivor
                      Herdstock III survivor
                      Herdstock IV survivor
                      Herdstock VI survivor
                      MOO TON CREW member

Comment

The old SuperLowGlyde Convertible is getting close to 40k miles, looks like I may be giving her the gears next spring............... ;-)
                        There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
                        R.I.P. RubberDown
                        R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
                        Reese

Comment

Working...
                        X