Ignition Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition Module

I am far from an expert on bikes, and ignitions are sumpin' I know even less about.

I am assuming(but purdy sure) that the rev limiter is in the ignition module.

Is it possible for the limiter to not operate proper and the module still work? Not sure if the tach is the problem(not reading right) or exactly when the limiter comes into play. It's a stock TC88(2000FXD) with a stock ignition system, and have run past 5500rpm, and not noticed the limiter. Last night while out "playing" I found it, but was near 6000 on the tach. I assume it's quite possible for a tach to miss-read by a couple hundred rpm, and all else is fine.

I should look into one of those shift light thingy's instead up using the limiter as a shift indicator. ;-)

Just looking for a little input and info.

One more thing. The great people at the dealer just out side Grand rapids gave me the new SE book, but not a lot left in it for my OLD bike. Anyone have a book or know the Part# for SE 6200rpm ignition module, wouldn't mind picking one up.

Thanks in advance, Glyde.
    There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
    R.I.P. RubberDown
    R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
    Reese

Rev limiter is 5200 stock, and is integral in the Ingition module. If yours is reading 6K on the tach, and not faltering, something's wrong.....

SE pt# 32750-99 Module, 32748-99A Kit.

http://www.box.net/shared/5ga2xnqqtj

There was also a 7000 rpm Race Only version:

http://www.box.net/shared/imsp4yx7x1

On the third CAUTION, down, on the left side of the page, look where it says that "Screamin Eagle products may reduce or void your limited warranty"..... Priceless.
    Last edited by Dave63; 07-16-2010, 03:05 PM.
    **Note: The technical info I provide is suggestive. I am not a perfeshunel.

"No two motorcycles should be the same. Your bike should be based on your creativity, and whatever's going on in your life at that time..." Jesse James

HERD Member #10

Comment

Lucky enough to have a great indy parts guy in town. Going to price some parts before I stuck on the side of the road. Do ya suppose there is any performance advantage to the SE module and coil or should I stick to stock for now.

In the near future(next summer), thinking of a cam upgrade. SE203 or a gear drive replacement.

As always your knowledge and info is appreciated and goes unmatched.

Thanks.
      R.I.P. RubberDown
      R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
      Reese

Comment

SE modules have a higher rev limiter and a different timing curve that's more performance oriented, and less EPA oriented.
        **Note: The technical info I provide is suggestive. I am not a perfeshunel.

"No two motorcycles should be the same. Your bike should be based on your creativity, and whatever's going on in your life at that time..." Jesse James

HERD Member #10

Comment

Originally posted by Dave63 View Post
          SE modules have a higher rev limiter and a different timing curve that's more performance oriented, and less EPA oriented.
          Parts came in this am and got 'em installed. Module coil and wires. Gotta run State side to pick-up tickets for a King of the Cage MMA event, and just may hit some twistys in Michigan to try out SE parts ;-)

Thanks again Dave.
          R.I.P. RubberDown
          R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
          Reese

Comment

Working...
          X