Dyno Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Thread

Every Forum I go on, there is always a dyno thread. I looked around and couldn't find one. So I figured I would start one. I'll list the things done to the engine below.

80ci
    S&S Super Stock heads
    S&S 10.5-1 Pistons
    S&S 561 Cam
    S&S Pushrods
    S&S Super E Carb
    V&H Longshots
    Stock Ignition

72.2 HP
    83.0 lbs torque

Sorry, pretty poor picture
    Attached Files
    Last edited by autotec; 06-28-2010, 07:19 PM. Reason: numbers
    Justin, HERD member 00016
    97 Fatboy

Looks like you took a picture of it and I could not tell what the max power or torque was...Can you tell us?
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
      Looks like you took a picture of it and I could not tell what the max power or torque was...Can you tell us?
      Pretty poor picture too. I didn't think it was that bad until I actually looked at it. I put the numbers in the post. (I think they are right)
      97 Fatboy

Comment

My printer/scanner is down right now. Seems like I'm buying one every year. I hate em LOL.

Here's what I got.

02 Electra Glide Standard.

Screaming Eagle Heads
        95" big bore kit
        S&S pushrods and pushrod covers
        Delkron cam support plate
        S&S gear drive
        Red Shift 511 cams
        Fueling oil pump and lifters
        Mikuni 42mm. carb
        Screaming eagle programable ignition
        Black Thunderheader
        Arlen Ness oil pressure gauge
        And some cool orange plug wires.

97.1 h.p. 102 ft. lb's torque
        Herd member #85

sigpic

Comment

Som'biyatch!
          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
          HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

08 Electra Glide Ultra
            SE Air Cleaner
            SEST
            Rinehart Tru Duals

88HP 100TQ

HERD # 00075
            08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
            USMC Veteran

Comment

That's right where I want to be. Good #'s Strat, gotta love those TC's.
              97 Fatboy

Comment

here is my dyno 2003 ultra
                stage 1 and 2
                204 cams
                SERT
                Rinehart tru duals/race baffles

Official HERD Member #00138

Comment

Great numbers!!!!
                  OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                  2014 FLHXS
                  U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Question? I do not think I will be making anymore performance mods to my bike and have been thinking perhaps I should have it put on the dyno and tuned. My question is, what is the typical cost for something like that at the dealership? I know I can add an auto-tuner to the power commander and it is supposed to tune everything as you drive. I think the auto-tuner is around $400, I have no idea what it cost to have the dealership tune it. If they are about the same money, the auto-tuner will give me the option of making other mods without needing another dyno.
                    "The road goes on forever, and the party never ends" (Robert Earl Keen)
                    Dave
                    Celina, OH
                    Official HERD Member #00158
                    2012 Road Glide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl.

Comment

Pappy - Check with your dealer. I know over here they do a DYNO reading once a year at no charge. I had them do mine several months ago and not only did they read it but they actually tuned it for me at no charge! But maybe that's because I am a good customer....I don't know.

Tune will range between $100 and $400 but give or take 2 to 3 hours at your shops rate per hour!
                      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Hmm, I am new to all this computer tuning an engine. I think maybe the auto-tuner may be the most cost effective route to take if they do what they say. Anybody use an auto-tuner? If they really work, I could change slip-ons or do any other mods later without needing to have it tuned again.
                        "The road goes on forever, and the party never ends" (Robert Earl Keen)
                        Dave
                        Celina, OH
                        Official HERD Member #00158
                        2012 Road Glide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl.

Comment

Originally posted by Pappy View Post
                          Hmm, I am new to all this computer tuning an engine. I think maybe the auto-tuner may be the most cost effective route to take if they do what they say. Anybody use an auto-tuner? If they really work, I could change slip-ons or do any other mods later without needing to have it tuned again.
                          Use a tuner, not a SERT..... I have an EJK and it can handle motor work also. The range on where a Harley will run in what HD considers the "range" is so broad you will be fine with a auto-tuner, whether it is an EJK, Power Commander, or whatever. The only way you will notice a difference is on a dyno machine.
                          Dale
                          Official HERD Member #00145
                          Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

Something to keep in mind about dynos is that just because a shop has one, doesn't mean they have someone that knows how to use it, so get some references from people that have used the shop you are looking at. I guess it also depends on what your objectives are. I wanted to get my fuel adjusted for the stage one mods I made, didn't really care about HP and torque numbers. My bike has plenty of power for me, got over 42 mpg on my last trip, and runs well. All I need out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by WideOpen View Post
                              Something to keep in mind about dynos is that just because a shop has one, doesn't mean they have someone that knows how to use it, so get some references from people that have used the shop you are looking at. I guess it also depends on what your objectives are. I wanted to get my fuel adjusted for the stage one mods I made, didn't really care about HP and torque numbers. My bike has plenty of power for me, got over 42 mpg on my last trip, and runs well. All I need out of it.
                              Talked to one local dealer about putting a tuner on my bike a few years ago, and come to find out they send the bikes to an Indy shop for dyno tunes, WTF is up with that, I said I am thinking about paying a qualified HD tech to do my bike and you are going to send it to an Indy shop, HHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!
                              Dale
                              Official HERD Member #00145
                              Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

Working...
                              X