No announcement yet.

'12 electra glide idle problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So was doing some thinking... Watched a video on how that Cobra Fi2000 tuner goes on, and it connects to the O2 sensors and injectors. I'm getting P0134 P0154 and P1353 First 2 are o2 sensor open codes front and rear, and the 1353 is the front cylinder no combustion. could the Tuner be doing this or my main thought, the injector is bad??
    Due to Jeff being a super overused awesome name, call me TJ. :-)

Official HERD Member #00211

Comment

Have you tried taking the tuner off and running it stock? Also have you recently unplugged the ECM? Like before this started happening? Those pins are easy to bend on them, just wondering if maybe one got bent while you were plugging it back in?
      Josh
      Herd Member #00042
      2008 FLHTCU ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

Other than regular service, nothing has been done since the stage 1. I am going to try the stock run when I get home next week. should just be the 4 connectors (injectors and o2 sensors) All the connectors I was checking were all the ones around the injectors. Hopefully I'll get another long weekend, or at least earlier, so i can drop it off somewhere if need be,

Comment

It could also be your ignition module....
          Josh
          Herd Member #00042
          2008 FLHTCU ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

I;m going to swing thru a dealer this week and get the electrical diagnostics manual, as the main service manual doesn't show any testing procedures for these things, just R&R.

Comment

Originally posted by trkrJeff View Post
              So was doing some thinking... Watched a video on how that Cobra Fi2000 tuner goes on, and it connects to the O2 sensors and injectors. I'm getting P0134 P0154 and P1353 First 2 are o2 sensor open codes front and rear, and the 1353 is the front cylinder no combustion. could the Tuner be doing this or my main thought, the injector is bad??
              It absolutely could be the tuner. I would suggest taking it off and see how the bike runs. Then consider reloading the map on the tuner before reinstalling it.
              A.K.A. Chad
              Official Ear Tag #163
              Official Member Paracord Posse
              2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
              "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
              "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydawg12 View Post
                It absolutely could be the tuner. I would suggest taking it off and see how the bike runs. Then consider reloading the map on the tuner before reinstalling it.
                The tuner doesnt have maps persay, its a plug n play, constant variable tuner. It checks all the sensors 80 times per second and adjusts as you ride.

Comment

After pulling it apart and seeing how that tuner is wired in, Im going to take it into the guy that installed it, hopefully soon.

Comment

hopefully he can find something. I know it has to be aggravating to ride like that
                    Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

Member #00014

Comment

I havent been riding it, because it wont fire at all on the front cylinder. I really have to goose it just to get moving. Now im trying to figure out how to get it to him, as i work sll week and hes closed on weekends.

Comment

Just to polish this thread off... I ended up taking the tuner off, put the bike all back together and took her for a test ride. Ran perfect!! So it was the Tuner screwing up. I had thought it was the tuner, but wasn't 100% sure. Had already ordered a new one from Dennis Kirkland for $90 cheaper than everyone else. Put that on and it runs perfect again! Only took about 2.5 hours all together. I'm a happy fella again!

Comment

Glad you're back up and running. What brand of tuner did you end up getting?
                          A.K.A. Chad
                          Official Ear Tag #163
                          Official Member Paracord Posse
                          2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
                          "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
                          "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

Comment

I believe he posted another thread but I'm mobile right now.
                            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                            HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

I replaced it with the same Cobra Fi2000 PowerPro

Comment

Working...
                              X