Exhaust Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Swap

Ok Herd. Tomorrow or Friday I will be swapping my stock exhaust for my newly purchased D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1. This will be my first exhaust swap, so is there any tips or tricks for both removing the old and installing the new? Thanks!
    Tommy
    HERD Member #141

"To ride, or not to ride... THAT is a stupid question!"

Wipe the new ones off real good before you start your bike.
    Official HERD Member #00135

Comment

Take your time installing and yes ............ CLEAN EM REAL GOOD BEFORE STARTING THE ENGINE!!!
      OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
      With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
      FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
      RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

While you have the exhaust off, clean and inspect the areas that are hidden by the exhaust.
        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

I like to use anti seize compound on any metal to metal areas including the threads....Pays off in the long run..
          Chris (Steveston)
          Herd # 93
          Retired Navy Vet

Comment

Use a torque wrench so you do not overtighten the nuts on the studs in the head. Also I like to replace the studs while there, it is not a big deal and I would replace the exhaust gaskets too. I am real big on using a torque wrench, I hate when people just tighten things down, they have a torque value for a reason.
            Dale
            Official HERD Member #00145
            Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

The swap was relatively painless! I Love the looks and Especially the sound! I ended up with the D&D Fat Cat with a performance baffle and even though all my buddies told me it would be Too loud, I Love it. My neighbors my not necessarily agree, though! I was a bit underwhelmed with the performance increase at first, but after downloading and installing the correct map from Dynojet, I am Much happier. I don't know if there was much power increase, but throttle response, especially at lower RPM, is much better. Snappier is the description that comes to mind! I am considering having it dyno tuned next. It is a bit pricey for me right now ($250), but I am curious to see what I could get out of it. The guy is a Dynojet recommended tuner with a great reputation around DFW. He maps each cylinder individually and seems realistic in his expectations when you talk to him. No blowing smoke you know where with claims of 30 Hp and 40 lb/ft, etc. I will have to mull that decision over for a bit since I ain't got a spare $250 right now anyhow!! Anyway, thanks for all who answered my questions and add their insight during my search! Next up, Paint!! Can you say Candy Brandywine??!!

Tommy
              HERD Member #141

"To ride, or not to ride... THAT is a stupid question!"

Comment

Glad you are happy with the new pipes HOG...my only question is where are the pics so we can see what she looks like???
                Robert
                Ear Tag #110
                2012 Vivid Black Heritage
                USAF Retired, Desert Storm Vet
                When you are faced with a dispute, Give them the HERD Salute :)

Comment

Working...
                X