Swapped from S&S to SU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapped from S&S to SU

I put my old SU carb back on. Wow, I forgot how good this carb is. Started first kick and feels like it has 20 more horsepower....

S&S Super E:

SU....

UF
    Last edited by Unforgiven; 09-03-2010, 03:30 PM.
    http://evylchopper.blogspot.com/

That is just one fine bike. Looks good just sitting still but bet it's a blast to ride....
    x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
    HERD member #66
    HS I Survivor
    HS II Survivor
    HS III Survivor
    HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

Originally posted by Geespot View Post
      That is just one fine bike. Looks good just sitting still but bet it's a blast to ride....
      Thank you sir....and yes, it is........

UF

Comment

I agree with G,that thing looks good and fast juz sittin there.
        I gots SU carbs,got two HIF {internal float} like Yours and got HS4s with the side body float tanks on em,not fer sale though,they be for Mee MG.erbox:)

I did have a S&S G single carb mounted to the MG and now I have the HS 4s on thare and between the two carbs I do`nt think there is much difference in performance.
        UHHHHhh,if You wants to sell Yur E send Me a PM.
        Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

turn the breather upside down, then it stands for "No Shit"
          Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Wha-cha doing wit da S&S???

P.M. Me iffin on the choppin block!
            OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
            With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
            FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
            RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

I am going to give it a week or two and make sure the SU doesn't take a dump. If all is well, I will sell the S&S. You are on the list, already had about 5 offers....LMAO....

UF

Comment

Never worked with a SU carb but have always heard good things about them. BTW nice looking scooter.
                Dale
                Official HERD Member #00145
                Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

Originally posted by o8h0g View Post
                  Never worked with a SU carb but have always heard good things about them. BTW nice looking scooter.
                  They are super easy to work on. There are basically three needles that work well with a shovel, compared to hundreds for cars. A needle can be changed in about 5 minutes.

The power increase is mind boggling to say the least. Plus, they look very cool. There are only two drawbacks to them. Some feel the stick out to far. Also, sometimes, if you have one with a worn out slide the piston will be a bit loose in the bore and if it comes down to far, it can contact the base and shut off fuel flow at idle causing the engine to shut down. What a lot people do in that situation is put a small piece of rubber in the slots below the piston crown to keep it from bottoming out. With that little mod, it works perfect.

When these are mounted on cars, they require some oil in the dashpot. Now you see why the joke goes...the English are the only people who could make a carburetor that leaks oil.

When they are mounted on a bike, only some WD-40 is used to lube the slide, no oil is needed.

UF

Comment

that is one fine looking bike for sure
                    Todd Pearson
                    Herd #118
                    AMA #366336
                    SERA #107 (Southern Enduro Riders Assoc)
                    08 FLHX, TW555's, TTS Mastertune

Comment

Wow! How did I miss this thread! First time seeing your bike up close. Nice. Very nice!
                      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by Unforgiven View Post
                        They are super easy to work on. There are basically three needles that work well with a shovel, compared to hundreds for cars. A needle can be changed in about 5 minutes.

The power increase is mind boggling to say the least. Plus, they look very cool. There are only two drawbacks to them. Some feel the stick out to far. Also, sometimes, if you have one with a worn out slide the piston will be a bit loose in the bore and if it comes down to far, it can contact the base and shut off fuel flow at idle causing the engine to shut down. What a lot people do in that situation is put a small piece of rubber in the slots below the piston crown to keep it from bottoming out. With that little mod, it works perfect.

When these are mounted on cars, they require some oil in the dashpot. Now you see why the joke goes...the English are the only people who could make a carburetor that leaks oil.

When they are mounted on a bike, only some WD-40 is used to lube the slide, no oil is needed.

UF
                        I use 20-50 motoroil in the slides on Mine,for a vehicle application,without oil,the slides would open too quick and cause a loss of power and popping/backfire out the carb which is the same results from using too light of oil.
                        Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                          Wow! How did I miss this thread! First time seeing your bike up close. Nice. Very nice!
                          Thank you!

UF

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
                            I use 20-50 motoroil in the slides on Mine,for a vehicle application,without oil,the slides would open too quick and cause a loss of power and popping/backfire out the carb which is the same results from using too light of oil.
                            I have been going by the Rivera instructions. They recommend only using WD-40. But everyone's bike is a little different, so as always go with what works best.

UF

Comment

Originally posted by Unforgiven View Post
                              I have been going by the Rivera instructions. They recommend only using WD-40. But everyone's bike is a little different, so as always go with what works best.

UF
                              AMEN.LOL
                              Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Working...
                              X