EITMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EITMS

Can anyone tell me on a 2008 Ultra Classic how you can tell if the EITMS is active, I cannot hear a difference in the sound, maybe it is just me, my hearing is not the greatest, I am just not sure, I know that it is activated, just trying to figure out how to tell if it cuts off spark to the rear cylinder. Thanks for the help.
    Dale
    Official HERD Member #00145
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

You turn the bike on but not started. Roll the throttle backwards and hold it for a few seconds and you till get a light on the speedo. I think it toggles the cruise light red or green. I just noticed my engaging the other day.
    The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

Comment

I got that, but does the cruise light flash when the rear cylinder drops spark, that is what I am trying to figure out. Thanks
      Dale

Comment

No it just sounds different. I've also heard you will smell a different exhaust odor. It kinda sounds like a muffled popping

Comment

Is this true, the head temp has to be like 325 degrees for it to activate, I think the 2008 model year is a little different, and I also believe if you have a pre 12/07 manufacturer date it might be a little different, my production date is 6/07.
          Dale

Comment

I'm not sure what the temp has to be. I didn't see that in the book. Mine is a 2010 RK

Comment

I just had mine activated since my bike is a 2008, maybe I need to go ride it and see what happens.
              Dale

Comment

Yeah, and I was sitting in traffic when mine shut down the rear jug

Comment

Hopefully I can get out this weekend and see what happens.
                  Dale

Comment

Hey 08(btw what can we call ya otherwise?) i have an 09 and i can hear and feel it engage!! Now i too have to turn it on myself by rolling the throttle forward but it only engages when the engine temp calls for it! As far as i know u can't make ur bike do it, the hot engine temp tells it when to engage.
                    "09" King & "10" Forty-Eight(wifes)
                    If u ain't ridin u ain't livin!!

Comment

Right, but I can roll the throttle forward on turn it on and off, but the head temperature actually tells the bike when to shut the spark off to the rear cylinder.
                      Dale

Comment

Yep, u just make it active by rolling the throttle, green is on, orange is off

Comment

Yes, they had to put a different download on my bike, I gues they put the one on for a newer bike, BTW, where is Bainbridge located?
                          Dale

Comment

Its along the susquhanna river, i'm actually between bainbridge and elizabethtown but have a bainbridge address! If none of those ring a bell i'm between lancaster and harrisburg.

Comment

Ok, I know where your at kinda. About 3-3 1/2 hours from me.
                              Dale

Comment

Working...
                              X