Fatboy question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatboy question...

I'm about to buy an 03 Fatboy at a remarkable price from family...
    It has 32,000 miles and the person said it has a clogged oil filter... I am thinking it is more along the lines of clogged oil pump due to the infamous cam chain tensioner shoes..

I'm gonna buy it and I'm gonna tear it open to inspect so I really don't know why I am posting other than pre-riding obsession...
    Has anyone ever had an oil filter clog?

Welcome to the forum Dave. I can't help you with your issue but someone will be along who might.
    Mark

Comment

Never had a oil filter clog, I had a plugged lifter screen on the 76 FLH though. Never had anything new enough to have cam chain tensioner shoes init.
      Welcome to the HERD forum Dave.
      Ear Tag no. 00030
      MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
      Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
      If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
      The missing link
      http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

Is the price still so "REMARKABLE" if it needs a new engine?

When someone tells you something like it has a clogged oil filter what they're actually saying is that the motor is messed up internally. And don't forget that this bike is already 13 years old.

Chances are you'll also be needing tires, brakes and other parts replaced.

Remarkable gets expensive real fast!

And welcome to the forum

BTW, if the filter was clogged, why didn't they just put a new one on it?

Comment

if it's the cam shoes , you gonna have a lot more than a clogged oil pump or clogged oil filter ..........

Comment

Originally posted by DammitDave View Post
            I'm about to buy an 03 Fatboy at a remarkable price from family...
            It has 32,000 miles and the person said it has a clogged oil filter... I am thinking it is more along the lines of clogged oil pump due to the infamous cam chain tensioner shoes..

I'm gonna buy it and I'm gonna tear it open to inspect so I really don't know why I am posting other than pre-riding obsession...
            Has anyone ever had an oil filter clog?
            Make it a project and post pics and fixes along the way.
            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
            HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Working...
            X