No announcement yet.

Too high revved up idle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took half day off and picked up throttle body. After figuring out how to get old one off without removing entire unit with fuel body, got new one and problem solved. Dropped immediately to 1100 rpms on first start. Sounds like itself again. Now all I got to do is adjust clutch after work and I'll be back in the wind. Thanks Herd team for all the help
    sigpic

Official HERD Member #00207
    2004 Electra Glide Custom Police Bike
    RIP Ride On Larry "Ozzyrral" Weaver 6-28-2016

Comment

Glad you got her figured out Rudy.
      Ride on brother!
      It STILL don't make me no nevermind!
      Official HERD Member #00186

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by outriderone View Post
        Took half day off and picked up throttle body. After figuring out how to get old one off without removing entire unit with fuel body, got new one and problem solved. Dropped immediately to 1100 rpms on first start. Sounds like itself again. Now all I got to do is adjust clutch after work and I'll be back in the wind. Thanks Herd team for all the help
        awesome

I could not find anything even close up here, glad it is back to rockin and rolling for you
        JC
        Is it time for Herdstock yet?!?!?
        Official HERD Member #00162

sigpic

Comment

Adjusted clutch today after work she ready to ride to work in the morning, can't wait
          sigpic

Official HERD Member #00207
          2004 Electra Glide Custom Police Bike
          RIP Ride On Larry "Ozzyrral" Weaver 6-28-2016

Comment

You did good Rudy, I probably would have had to take it to a shop to get it fixed.
            Official HERD Member #00135

Comment

Originally posted by outriderone View Post

Possibly but I have no clue about sensors my 2005 manual shows pictures of the carburetor fuel body but no pictures of the fuel injected throttle body.
              You have to get the Police Manual for this year, Your H-D Dealer should have a copy or look online for 2004 Police Supplemented Service Manual! Mines doing the opposite, low idle to stall unless you remove the vacuum cap on top the throttle body( 2012 FLHTP)!
              Tushka Lusa
              2012 Electra Glide Police
              “Never Above You, Never Below You, Always Beside You!”

Comment

Last post on this thread was 14 months ago...
                Official HERD Member #00231

"Blue skies hanging over my head, I got five hundred miles to ride" - RVZ

Comment

Working...
                X