Pigtail coming from under the seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pigtail coming from under the seat

My '09 FLHRC has a pigtail coming out from under the seat. It has the same connector that a battery tender pigtail uses. I think this is for heated clothing and such and is controlled by the left toggle switch up front. What I want to know is can I hook a cigarette lighter socket up to this to power devices like a GPS? If I can, I need to work fast and get it done by Friday night.

the pigtail you have is for a bat tender and/or heated gear as you said. I am not sure about a cig lighter there. yes it can be done, Dave63 did a step by step of just that at HDF in a sticky I believe. but wouldn't it be better to run a wire from your bat along the frame and under the headlight nacell and mount your outlet near your bars?
    Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Yep both pigtails can be used for that.... I had the DAVE63 power system in use off my battery tender pigtail at HERDSTOCK. Worked like a charm.

are you saying that you have two pigtails ? one for your battery tender and another that you just found?
      HERD # 00075
      08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
      USMC Veteran

Comment

IH, yes it would be better but I'm time constrained now, leaving Saturday and don't have time to do the wiring and reluctant to mess with cables under the seat before a 4,00 mile ride. Bad planning on my part.

DDB, I added a pigtail direct to the battery right after I got the bike last year for the Tender, then later found the factory one under the seat.

Amazon has a cig lighter socket with the correct plug on the end that I was thinking about getting and I guess I could use either pigtail. After I found the factory one and consulted my OM, I believe it said that one can be turned on and off with the switch opposite the running lights switch.

Thanks for the replies you guys. I will look for the Dave63 sticky.

Comment

Working...
        X