H-D Heated Grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-D Heated Grips

Any opinions on the factory H-D heated grips?

It gets cold out in California that much? I know Texas gets nippy from time to time.
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Sure does, sometimes it drops down to the 70s

Comment

The stock ones that came on the Glide will burn your hands on a setting over 3 and 3 is too hot.
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Elwaupo View Post
          Sure does, sometimes it drops down to the 70s

Comment

I love my heated grips. I have the stock ones on my 2012 Ultra Limited. The grips have worn a lot, so I have foam covers over the grips and I still only had them turned up to 2 this morning with mid-weight gloves. It was 34 when I left the garage this morning.
            A.K.A. Chad
            Official Ear Tag #163
            Official Member Paracord Posse
            2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
            "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
            "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydawg12 View Post
              I love my heated grips. I have the stock ones on my 2012 Ultra Limited. The grips have worn a lot, so I have foam covers over the grips and I still only had them turned up to 2 this morning with mid-weight gloves. It was 34 when I left the garage this morning.
              Mighty fortunate to be able to ride this early in the springtime.
              I have moose brand heated grips and thumb warmer on My four wheeler, they have a low and a high setting, high is okay when out cruising on the ice checking tip ups and the hands get wet hauling in fish, once the hands gets warmed up then the low setting is fine.
              OH I know, this has nothing to do with Harley heated grips, I just thought I`d jump in and be included.
              Ear Tag no. 00030
              MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
              Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
              If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
              The missing link
              http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post

Mighty fortunate to be able to ride this early in the springtime.
                I have moose brand heated grips and thumb warmer on My four wheeler, they have a low and a high setting, high is okay when out cruising on the ice checking tip ups and the hands get wet hauling in fish, once the hands gets warmed up then the low setting is fine.
                OH I know, this has nothing to do with Harley heated grips, I just thought I`d jump in and be included.
                Actually got the bike out for a couple of commutes to work in March. Similar conditions then as today, low-mid 30's in the AM and upper 40's - low 50's in the PM. Wish it wasn't freezing overnight anymore. But the sun is up sooner and out later each day, so that helps.
                A.K.A. Chad
                Official Ear Tag #163
                Official Member Paracord Posse
                2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
                "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
                "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

Comment

Before the days of heated grips, I had a CL350 Honda that I`d ride to work every day that it got over 15 degrees. Man O Man how nice that would have been. 22 miles one way, but, there was some other character that I would see, he was riding from Miles City all the way to baker in those same temps. That is over 80 miles. I would not see Him riding until the temp was at 15 degrees also too. LOL Later on met Him, I already knew Him, just did not know it was Him until We got to talking. he was riding a triple cylinder, Yamaha I think, 750, it was a four stroke so it warnt a Kawasaki or a Suzuki two stroke.
                  Ear Tag no. 00030
                  The missing link

Comment

When it hits the 30s, it’s time for heat. I’ve got heated grips on my V-Strom and love them

Comment

I live in the desert SW. Four corners area. Lake Powell to be exact. :-)
                      I've never had heated grips. but I has wishing I had some on a few of my late fall rides the last few years. Last year going thru a freezing frost in SW Utah, Stopping at a diner to wrap my hands around a cup of coffee.The year before Riding thru a snow storm between Tonapah and Ely Nevada. Not quite as cold as the freezing frost. But...
                      Was a time I only had a two wheeler and rode it most of the time. Back before heated grips were invented. :-)
                      And my hands got cold.
                      But, I'm a diver and I can shed a bit of light on a dark (biker) subject.
                      It's all about Hypothermia. When it sets in, your extremities shut off. (Your fingers)
                      I used the same gloves for diving with a wetsuit and a drysuit in 45 degree water. after 30 mins I couldn't screw a nut onto a bolt in the wetsuit. In the drysuit, 8 hrs, no problem.
                      It's all about keeping your core temp up. And being HOT in the middle. :-O
                      Uncomfortably hot. I would get out of that dry suit dripping with sweat.
                      So... I think if you wrap up the middle good enough, without cutting off blood flow to your arms and legs. you should be OK.
                      Or just get heated grips. That seems easier. :-)
                      Official HERD Member #00187

Comment

Spiny Norman you are right! I am also a diver who uses a dry suit and it’s all about keeping the core warm. I should’ve thought about that but I guess we sometimes let these things slip. My next purchase will be a heated vest!

i do have heated gloves and they’re great but the heated grips on my V-Strom make it nicer because they’re already installed and you don’t have to contend with routing wires through your jacket, gets messy.

Comment

I used to use a 7mm wet suit. Sometimes it was right on the edge of not being warm enough. PADI certified and have the tanks, BC, mask, fins, snorkel and regulator but, after the back got messed up the wet suit got dried out and stiff so I sent it to the St Vinnys store as a donation, maybe someone could get some use out of it.
                          Ear Tag no. 00030
                          The missing link

Comment

Yeah I have a 6.5 mil wet suit, a semi- dry suit a dry suit, full BCs, multiple regs fins, etc. but haven’t dove in years so maybe it’s time to donate. Spend all my time riding and hot rods and traveling now.

Comment

Now that My back is doing some better, I would like to do a beginner refresher diving class and get back into it. The biggest problem is that My son that got Me started is working for the DOT in the engineering and construction side, He is so busy during the warm weather season that He just hangs out at home and gets his warshing and home types of stuff done so He can make it through another week.
                              Most everyone else I know is too old and tired and out of shape that they dont want to do a thing or else they are more cripled up than I am.
                              Maybe I should start a face book group. Eastern Montana divers, or some such. Fort Peck dam is the largest earth fill dam in the world with over 1200 miles of shore side, 120 miles to the north. Lots of diving opportunity in there. A couple of submerged towns and quite a few sunken boats. One I know at about 120 feet with about a thousand bucks stashed under the forwards cowling. A friend that seen the sinking said He would boat Me right out to the place where it went down. LOL Some guy rolled up his jeans with the wallet in the pocket, boat went down so fast He didn't have time to grab it.
                              Ear Tag no. 00030
                              The missing link

Comment

Working...
                              X