X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best compensator sproket upgrade ?

Best compensator sproket upgrade ?

Have a 09, Glide, 96 CI

Seems like the stock comp sprocket clangs, if you're coasting in 2/3rd gear, and ease on/off the gas. Guess it's engaging and disengaging.....

Anyhow, anyone done upgrades ?
    Which one and how did it work...

Have had primary cover off

Official HERD Member #00207
    2004 Electra Glide Custom Police Bike
    RIP Ride On Larry "Ozzyrral" Weaver 6-28-2016

Comment

I remember reading about which comp sprocket setup was the best. Problem is, I dont remember the brand names of them.
      I believe that it was the S&S that was chosen to be better than the factory unit.
      Ear Tag no. 00030
      MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
      Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
      If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
      The missing link
      http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

Last three bikes, stock compensator went out and required replacement mid to upper 30K mileage range.........................Installed the SE compensator and had no trouble till the bikes were traded. Bikes were traded in the upper 60's to low 70K mileage range.

*Edit*

The symptoms I experienced were hard starts, compensator banging on start up (sounded like a bad starter) and as you said, when you let off the throttle, it sounded like some slight banging from the primary side.
        Last edited by wndchsr; 01-16-2017, 07:00 AM.
        Herd Member #87
        US Navy Veteran

Comment

I went with the Screamin' Eagle three years ago but then switched to the latest version which is much better. Go with the last one. No regrets there.
          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
          HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
            I went with the Screamin' Eagle three years ago but then switched to the latest version which is much better. Go with the last one. No regrets there.
            Your right Francis..................The version that was released with the '14 models is supposed to be the best yet. I keep forgetting the '14 and up has yet a different iteration than before, still considered the SE Comp isnt it?
            Herd Member #87
            US Navy Veteran

Comment

Working...
            X