Adding lower front pods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding lower front pods

Alright guys. Diagnosing an audio problem that turned out to be a bad set of RCAs, I figured I would add the last piece to my audio system since the bike is torn apart again. (BTW, this is going to be right up Franks alley)

My setup now is,

- Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5UBT-HS headunit
    - Biketronics BT4180 amp
    - Biketronics BT7P1 front fairing speakers
    - Biketronics Titan II 6.5 rear speakers using the V-Twin audio adapters in the rear pods
    - V-Twin Tour-Pak port kit

This setup sounds great at all speeds, but I've always wanted a set of lowers just for the extra kick. And since it's apart, it's time.

I've already ordered the Factory CVO lower speaker pods and grilles, but I'm undecided on what to do with the speakers. The front fairing 7.1" speakers will stay in that location, but it would be nice to replace the rear pod speakers with something that doesn't need a 1" spacer. My wife has said that her seat is shrinking, and instead of arguing the point of seats don't shrink, I figured I would try to find a different speaker setup that gives her 2" back.

If I go this route, I would move the Biketronics 6.5s to the front pods and source a new set of rears. But I could leave the speakers in the rear pods and source a set of new front lower pod speakers. Just undecided at this point. What is everyone running?

Thanks, Justin
    Justin, HERD member 00016
    97 Fatboy

WOW that head unit was not cheap !!!!

I haven't done any mods to my stereo so I'm no help, maybe Frank will chime in .
    1986 FXR 2015 Road Glide

Member #00014

Comment

I donít even listen to the stereo so Iím really no good for this one LOL!
      Bob

Official HERD Member #00230

Westchester County, NY
      '17 FLHXS Street Glide Special

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Hours View Post
        WOW that head unit was not cheap
        It was cheaper than the factory replacement or the Iron Cross repair with the enhancements. It hurt either way, but I'm happy with the outcome. Just being able to toss my phone inside the radio during a rain storm makes it worth it. Plus it was a drop in, direct replacement. Another plus was the Sat. radio makes it all good on rides where I don't have any service. I give it my 2 thumbs up!
        97 Fatboy

Comment

Originally posted by Firenailer View Post
          I donít even listen to the stereo so Iím really no good for this one LOL!
          Wow my friend, maybe it's just me but there is just something about a great song playing while I'm riding It just makes the ride.....
          97 Fatboy

Comment

Yeah I get it, my house and truck stereo are always on - but the bike is different for me, all I need to hear is the bike, just the way I am.
            Bob

Westchester County, NY

Comment

Not sure where you get all the free time with the house stuff and watching the Cub's games...
              x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
              HERD member #66
              HS I Survivor
              HS II Survivor
              HS III Survivor
              HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

Originally posted by autotec View Post

Wow my friend, maybe it's just me but there is just something about a great song playing while I'm riding It just makes the ride.....
                I need tunes to go with the sound of the bike...
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Hey Justin!
                  Can't help ya with the stereo install, but good to see you posting here.

Sorry, but I have to go with Bob on this one, I mean, to each his own, but I have never had a bike with a radio. I enjoy the sounds of the bike and the road
                  but then again, I don't even listen to the radio in my truck very often either
                  Ride in Peace Wndchsr

Comment

Funny, My first brand new vehicle was an Ď86 Toyota 4x4 pickup. Back then believe it or not they didnít come with even am radio or rear bumpers. I was pretty broke so I went with the bumper and thought Iíd go crazy without tunes, but I found it was actually very nice tooling around without em for awhile.

Didnt last that long, but the bike kinda makes its own music
                    Bob

Westchester County, NY

Comment

I am jealous of you guys that can actually hear good enough that a high end stereo makes a difference. After being a Machine gunner, heavy weapons Marine, and exposing my ears to 22 years of military activities, I canít tell the difference between a $10,000 system and a $79.95 Walmart special......
                      HERD # 00075
                      08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
                      USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDog View Post
                        I am jealous of you guys that can actually hear good enough that a high end stereo makes a difference. After being a Machine gunner, heavy weapons Marine, and exposing my ears to 22 years of military activities, I canít tell the difference between a $10,000 system and a $79.95 Walmart special......
                        What?
                        Mark
                        HERDster #204

Ride On Larry Weaver
                        Wndchsr, catch you in the breeze my friend

Comment

Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post

What?
                          Exactly..... remind me to tell you the story of Jeff and his lack of hearing when we did the Key West Run.
                          HERD # 00075
                          08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
                          USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDog View Post

Exactly..... remind me to tell you the story of Jeff and his lack of hearing when we did the Key West Run.
                            Somewhere I have a picture of three monkeys, Michelle with her hands over her eyes, Jeff with his hands over his ears and my Patty with her hands over her mouth, eluding to Michelle's blindness, Jeff's loss of hearing and Patty talks to much.
                            Mark
                            HERDster #204

Ride On Larry Weaver
                            Wndchsr, catch you in the breeze my friend

Comment

Working...
                            X