Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its spacing/speed discipline and adjustment. Read and react to each other, traffic conditions and common sense too. And relax and enjoy the moment. Once we get rolling on the open interstate as Yochanon pointed out we will still have to be alert but not as much as in town/city.

Traffic lights concern me in that should the RG automatically emerge and block the oncoming traffic on both sides immediately or if the light is stale the lead/RC's just stop(but that'll sure enough and righty so piss off any cages).

I know what I prefer but wanted the general consensus.

Originally posted by yochanon View Post
    Don't forget that *everyone* in the group should know when/where the route they're taking is, and each stop. This way in case anyone does get separated, they know exactly where they can meet back up or whatever.

RC also needs to make sure everyone rides staggered and that the speed limit is to be followed or that the RC will ride +/- the speed limit and by how much usually (this helps stop the rubber banding). The staggered thing is because if someone decides they don't like riding on the inside of the lane (nearest the center of the road), it can be misleading to cagers and looks like an 'open' spot and they can and do often times pull into that 'open' spot, causing a split in the group which can sometimes be a real PITA to get fixed back up without pulling over and starting from scratch again.

I'm just trying to relay things that I see happen way too often on PGR missions I go on and have to keep tellin' the RC's about.
    HERD#00004
    *disclaimer: I am not an expert. Like everyone else I have an opinion.

HS1 and HS2 Attendee
    http://forum.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/

Paracord Crew Member

Comment

Originally posted by trobbins View Post
      yup not alote of peeps no that but i no why you do it. started when is stated you had to where a helmet but not where at what i was told by a real old timmer but who noes not saying your a real old timer just a old timer lol respected
      I thought the sign for that was like the Movie The Fockers! Use the right hand and wrap it around the left thumb and scroll upwards??? Am I way off? :LOL
      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

it will be interesting to say the least some of us have ridden with large groops 75 to 150 strong but its all good ill enjoy it in the wind with the rumble nothing better then 75 bikes going up the road
        1989 classic 115 big motor 2001 ultra classic 21 on the front

HERD #00106

Comment

Originally posted by trobbins View Post
          it will be interesting to say the least some of us have ridden with large groops 75 to 150 strong but its all good ill enjoy it in the wind with the rumble nothing better then 75 bikes going up the road
          You got that right.... Large group riding is a different animal, and I loved hearing all the bikes when on a run. The last large run I took my low rider on was 60+ bikes, I was behind about 8 rat bikes and a couple were burning / leaking oil. I looked like a WWI fighter pilot when we got to there. Everywhere was black on my face except where my glasses were... I have to find the picture of that..... Would not have traded that day for anything.
          HERD # 00075
          08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
          USMC Veteran

Comment

yah my buddy has a shuvel always at my side who evers behind him is speckeld and im death getting a amp for the stero
            1989 classic 115 big motor 2001 ultra classic 21 on the front

HERD #00106

Comment

I usually ride alone to and from work, weekend rides usually consist of 3 - 10 bikes, and I have ridden with groups as large as 1000 bikes. I like to stay in a group of bikes I have ridden with before, stay away from the crotch rockets and not behind a bike with street sweepers unless you want to get dusted out.
              HERD MEMBER #00027
              Riding for LT. Tim Campbell (LEO)
              In Memory of Rubberdown RIP HERD #00019
              In Memory of Betsy
              In Memory of Sabrina

Comment

Working...
              X