Va Beach Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Va Beach Run

Well, I decided to just jump on the Train today and ride to Virginia Beach.

Here's the route I took:

Va Beach Run

Wasn't real scenic except for Atlantic Blvd. at Virginia Beach, so I didn't take any pics. It was more memory lane for me.

I stopped in at Dam Neck Naval Fleet Training Center Atlantic where I went to Weapons School in the Navy back in '96. I was saddened to see that the base, though still active, is very run down and all but forgotten.

After leaving there, I cruised up Atlantic Blvd. and rode along the beach. That was pretty cool and I was excited to see that not much had changed on the beach front. I took Shore drive all the way up along the coast to Norfolk to avoid getting on 264 and 64.

That's the way I came in and I learned my lesson about not putting the damn windshield on before going on a long interstate ride near the coast. Daggum sand kept stinging me and the wind was dreadful!!! It was nice going through the tunnel though, cuz it was really warm and not windy once you got down in there all the way, and the pipes sounded awesome!

Looks like about 120 miles all said and done and man am I tired! That highway wind really knocks it out of you!

A couple more miles and you could have rode in the Shriners Poker Run they had down here.They had about 100 riders but those I have talked to said the wind was tuff.

Many folks walking the strip?
    2018 Road Glide
    Member #00014

Comment

Good stuff, really like the google map showin' your route. Gotta keep that in mind.
      There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
      R.I.P. RubberDown
      R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
      Reese

Comment

Just took the bridge tunnel on the google street view thingy. Call see whole your trip with that...................................pretty cool.
        There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
        R.I.P. RubberDown
        R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
        Reese

Comment

Originally posted by Glyde View Post
          Good stuff, really like the google map showin' your route. Gotta keep that in mind.
          The only actual stops I made from beginning to end were B and C. B was a gas station to get my bearings and C was the Navy Base.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Hours View Post
            A couple more miles and you could have rode in the Shriners Poker Run they had down here.They had about 100 riders but those I have talked to said the wind was tuff.

Many folks walking the strip?
            There were a lot of Blue Hairs out today. I still find it amusing that everybody had coats n stuff on like it was freezing out. I'm from Ohio...when it hits 45 after winter, that's shorts weather!

Comment

Working...
            X