Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Couple Short Rides...............

.............with some pics.

Headed out Thurs. am down the highway east of here. Got my clamps to add pegs to the engine guard and give the elephant ears a try in the cool (45*ish) morning. Sadly, most of the fall colours are on the ground, but had a nice, laid back solo scoot. 200 miles with a stop to see a high school bud about 70miles from here.

still some crimson left

old farm house, there a a couple along a stretch of highway that will be used for bike pics next fall.

a not so great pic of Sally with the "ears", engine guard and pegs(my fall look)

.................also, as some may know we don't have a Canadian dollar bill(or two for that matter), it's a coin.The art work for the $1 coin was done by a fella in Echo Bay, Ontario. A small town(aprox 600 peeps), 15 miles east of home........The coin has a Loon on it and the coin has been dubbed the "Loonie"

I gotta say, the "ears" work great on the road with the temps in the mid 50's(thanks again oiltrash for the info) It took a few stops to get the pegs set up just right, and I'd imagine they will be great in the heat of the summer. Not so fond of the wind blowing up the legs in the cool weather..............
    There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
    R.I.P. RubberDown
    R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
    Reese

Those are some beautiful colors you have up there! I dig the Old Farm House picture.
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

..Saturday headed out with the local Iron Workers MC. Solid group to ride and hang(no pun intended) with. Headed toward Barr River Ontario to pick up one their Bros. Lives on beauty piece of farm land (which makes up mostly all of the area) then on to Bruce Mines to meet up with another. eight of us all together and did about 150 miles through some farm land back roads and a place called St. Joseph Island.

some of the sleds by just one of Jimmy's barns

speaking of sleds, he has collected about a dozen of very old Ski-Doo's

I wish I had time to take pics of every wall in his barns,.............should have taken more of the walls with the old farm implements

almost forgot this guy

a couple views from the deck of a local watering hole on St. Joe's Island. There is a marina there that in summer is full of sailing boats.

Canadian Coast Guard, removing the summer Bouys and installing winter markers.

more from the deck

and of course their international colors

hope y'all like and thanks for looking in.
      Last edited by Glyde; 10-12-2010, 08:40 AM.
      R.I.P. RubberDown
      R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
      Reese

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
        Those are some beautiful colors you have up there! I dig the Old Farm House picture.
        Thanks Boss, like I said there is more than one very accessible old house and can't wait to get back for some "photo" type pics.
        R.I.P. RubberDown
        R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
        Reese

Comment

Great pictures! Thanks for posting them.
          Jeff
          09 FLHRCI
          Herd Member #00045

Comment

Great pics!!!! You sure have some beautiful country to ride in!!!!!
            OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
            2014 FLHXS
            U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Drooling.........1a1
              OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
              With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
              FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
              RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, glad ya like 'em(the pics).
                R.I.P. RubberDown
                R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
                Reese

Comment

Thanks for sharing your ride, the colours and weather are pretty familiar( I am down in the Barrie area for the next couple months) nice pics.
                  Expectations managed for free

Comment

Working...
                  X