Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoover Dam Trip

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hoover Dam Trip

    OK Herdsters. I am taking a Short trip to Hoover dam. Will be staying in Boulder cityfriday night. ride around on saturday and leave sunday for back home. any suggestions. I know im gonna do the north shore and would like to fit in Valley of fire natnl park. next day maybe head to oatman on my way home. Also lookin to see if anyone has stayed there overnight and can suggest a good place to crash. just thought I would run over the dam before they close it next year.
    "your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on!"
    Dean Martin

    herd member #00023
    AKA STREETNOYZ

  • #2
    Originally posted by streetnoyz View Post
    OK Herdsters. I am taking a Short trip to Hoover dam. Will be staying in Boulder cityfriday night. ride around on saturday and leave sunday for back home. any suggestions. I know im gonna do the north shore and would like to fit in Valley of fire natnl park. next day maybe head to oatman on my way home. Also lookin to see if anyone has stayed there overnight and can suggest a good place to crash. just thought I would run over the dam before they close it next year.
    Why they closin the damn??
    THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
    How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

    Comment


    • #3
      Is they gonna let the water out or somethin?
      THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
      How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

      Comment


      • #4
        You fugin californians probably sucked it dry
        THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
        How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

        Comment


        • #5
          Hoover Dam attracts more than a million visitors each year!!!
          .
          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
          HERD MEMBER #00003

          Comment


          • #6
            just closin the drive over the dam. don't want any more traffic . they is makin a new bridge so yas dont drive on the actual dam any more.
            http://www.structuremag.org/Archives...ver-Bridge.pdf
            "your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on!"
            Dean Martin

            herd member #00023
            AKA STREETNOYZ

            Comment


            • #7
              Nope that would be Arizona! were not allowed to get water anymore. it ruins the envirnment!
              "your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on!"
              Dean Martin

              herd member #00023
              AKA STREETNOYZ

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by streetnoyz View Post
                Nope that would be Arizona! were not allowed to get water anymore. it ruins the envirnment!
                What Cali banned themselves from water now?
                THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
                How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

                Comment


                • #9
                  yep, only water we get is in our beer!
                  "your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on!"
                  Dean Martin

                  herd member #00023
                  AKA STREETNOYZ

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by streetnoyz View Post
                    yep, only water we get is in our beer!
                    Awesome !!!
                    U.S. Army "Retired"
                    (Disabled Veteran)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We were there last week. Here is a picture from the Arizona side looking across the dam with the new bridge in the background. Homeland Security didn't want the traffic across the dam anymore, terrorists you know. Soooo, they spent a zillion dollars on a new bridge.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by screwball; 10-11-2010, 05:01 PM.
                      Official Member #00149
                      2 Stinking Trikes, '09 % '11
                      Social Security and Medicare
                      Qualified! 65 and still riding
                      Official Bona fide Geezer

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by screwball View Post
                        We were there last week. Here is a picture from the Arizona side looking across the dam with the new bridge in the background. Homeland Security didn't want the traffic across the dam anymore, terrorists you know. Soooo, they spent a zillion dollars on a new bridge.
                        yea that makes sense forty million ilegals in the country, wouldnt want any of em tryin to drive a truck bomb on it when they can rent a house boat an stimulate the conomy.
                        THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
                        How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Different angle
                          Attached Files
                          Official Member #00149
                          2 Stinking Trikes, '09 % '11
                          Social Security and Medicare
                          Qualified! 65 and still riding
                          Official Bona fide Geezer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Is the road closed. I was told that was still open until the new bridge is complete.
                            "your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on!"
                            Dean Martin

                            herd member #00023
                            AKA STREETNOYZ

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Road is still open. They have check points on both sides, slows down traffic a bit, but not a problem. Pretty much the only thing they stop are trucks.

                              Here is an aerial picture a buddy sent me of construction on the bridge. This was a while ago,
                              Attached Files
                              Official Member #00149
                              2 Stinking Trikes, '09 % '11
                              Social Security and Medicare
                              Qualified! 65 and still riding
                              Official Bona fide Geezer

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X