Rolling Thunder - Big Thunder Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Thunder - Big Thunder Run

Anyone doing this on Sunday, Oct. 3rd? Don't have much details but it is sponsored by Rolling Thunder, #1. It will be at the VFW in Batavia but rides are leaving at 9:00 am from both City Limits and Wildfire H-D. According to Rolling Thunder the cost is $20/bike and $10 for a rider. No other info available at this time.

Just found some more info:
    The ride starts at the VFW, 645 S. River Street in Batavia. Registration is from 9:00 am to 11:00 am and the first bike will leave at 10:00 am. The 100 mile poker run will go through the farmlands west of Saint Charles. The ride ends with a band, food, vendors and raffles. The money raised helps area veterans and the promotion of the POW/MIA issues. For more information ... go to http://www.RollingThunderIL1.com.
    Last edited by doorgunnerjgs; 09-30-2010, 10:08 AM.
    Bud
    HERD Member #84

(Guardian bell from hockeydawg12 and his wife, Jean!)

So nobody else from the Illinois contingent is going to this? Bummer!

btw- River Street is Rte 25.
    Bud
    HERD Member #84

Comment

Don't ya just hate that? Hope ya had a great time and ride!!!
      OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
      With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
      FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
      RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

With as many members out there...I'm surprised nobody else went there.
        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

It was a good run. My guess is upwards of 200 bikes. Took a bunch of pics but will have to wait till tomorrow to post. Doing this on my phone while watching the Bears making asses of themselves.
          Bud
          HERD Member #84

Comment

Originally posted by doorgunnerjgs View Post
            It was a good run. My guess is upwards of 200 bikes. Took a bunch of pics but will have to wait till tomorrow to post. Doing this on my phone while watching the Bears making asses of themselves.
            :laughout :laughout :laughout :laughout :laughout

OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
            With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
            FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
            RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Here are some pics of the event (finally).

Started in Batavia at the VFW post.

A pic of the parking lot as the folks showed up.

And another of the bikes that showed up.

They broke us up into smaller groups for the poker run. We were in the first group and this is at one of the stops.

Same place as the last pic. My bike in foreground. You can see my map case with HERDstock decal.

Here is my bike at the next stop. Note the HERD sticker on the windshield!

Guy with the booney cap on is my son's father-in-law and my riding buddy, Carl.

Same place as the last two with the welcome sign they put up for us.

Back at the VFW in Batavia for the post ride fun. Parking (and riding ) on grass is not my favorite thing!

This was pretty cool, a 3/4 ton truck and jeep (WWII era).

Had my personal weapon in 'Nam, the M60 machine gun! Lotsa memories!

Also had a grease gun. This is an early one with the crank to operate the bolt. The ones on our tanks in Korea had a finger hole in the bolt instead!

Pretty great day all around.
              Bud
              HERD Member #84

Comment

Great pics doorgunner. Weekends in October are pretty booked for me with the kids playing sports so sorry I couldnt make it.
                x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
                HERD member #66
                HS I Survivor
                HS II Survivor
                HS III Survivor
                HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

Originally posted by Geespot View Post
                  Great pics doorgunner. Weekends in October are pretty booked for me with the kids playing sports so sorry I couldnt make it.
                  Thanks Gee. I'm sorry too that you couldn't make this one but I understand that parent/kid sports stuff. We did it for many years but with band instead of sports.
                  Bud
                  HERD Member #84

Comment

Great pics Doorgunner,looks like a great time.
                    Appalachian Redneck

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used and worn out, loudly proclaiming, "WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Comment

Boss you feelin better ?
                      Appalachian Redneck

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used and worn out, loudly proclaiming, "WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dixiecrat View Post
                        Great pics Doorgunner,looks like a great time.
                        Thanks, Dixie! It was a LOT of fun and the 141 miles put me over the 1000 mile mark. Took it in for the 1k maint on Tuesday.
                        Bud
                        HERD Member #84

Comment

Thanks for the additional pictures and for pointing everything out.
                          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                          HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Doorgunner, I can't get away this weekend but if you have the chance you should take a ride up to Sycamore (near Dekalb). When my kids were in the band they always played up in Sycamore at the Pumpkin Festival. It's a great fall town with lots of things going on in the town square.
                            x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
                            HERD member #66
                            HS I Survivor
                            HS II Survivor
                            HS III Survivor
                            HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

Originally posted by Geespot View Post
                              Doorgunner, I can't get away this weekend but if you have the chance you should take a ride up to Sycamore (near Dekalb). When my kids were in the band they always played up in Sycamore at the Pumpkin Festival. It's a great fall town with lots of things going on in the town square.
                              Sycamore was one of the stops
                              Last Sunday. Nice little town. We'll be at our son's for his birthday, so won't be able to go.
                              Bud
                              HERD Member #84

Comment

Working...
                              X