Ride with toorglide and friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride with toorglide and friends

Got a message from toorglide during the week wanting to meet up and take a ride with him, his friend and some fellow riders on Saturday (4-3-10). I of course accepted and was looking forward to meeting toor and the others. Was able to invite one of my pals and we meet up Saturday morning close to my house for a ride down to South Carolina together.
    There was a total of 10 Harleys and 14 people ( a few brought their wives) to ride out together. It was great to finally meet a HERDster and right off it was easy to tell this was going to be a fun ride.
    I arrived with my pal and toor arrived with his pal and the rest were friends of toor's pal. (got it all figured out yet?) All were very pleasant folks and I enjoyed meeting them all. I was looking forward to this ride.

We took some back roads and was having a good run with everyone riding very well together and enjoying the scenery.

One of the riders (Mike) apparently knew of this custom bike builder by the name of Vince Doll who owns a shop called Redneck Engineering down there in South Carolina and decided to see if we all could stop in for a visit. Vince was home and came over to his shop to let us in and show us around some.
    I cannot even begin to express how gracious and hospitable Vince Doll is.
    This man allowed a group of strangers into his shop and took the time to show us around and explain anything and everything about his world of building these custom bikes. Being able to see the different bike designs and various projects in progress was too damn cool!
    Being able to just sit on some of these beautiful bikes was quite a treat and very accepting of this man to allow us that opportunity.
    After talking and listening to Vince for a good while and being able to see some of the other projects he had in there including some really sharp cars we were invited over to his show room down the street on his property to see what he had in there.

Damn! Talk about some mighty fine scooters and some really awesome cars! This guy has some really sweet rides in there and a sweet chopped car that was used in a couple of movies that i'm sure we have all seen. (I can't remember damn it) and had a bike that Sammy Hagar once owned that he built and bought it back as it meant something to Vince and Sammy was kind enough to work with him on getting it back home. I think Vince said it was one of his first bikes and wanted it for prosperity.

Once again Vince was very gracious in letting us check out all he had and even said many times for any one of us to come back and ride some of the bikes he had in there. Made it very clear that we would be doing him a favor as he doesn't have the time to ride them all and they need to be ridden. I am hoping to oblige him some day an do what needs to be done. The sacrifices I make for others. I'll take this pain!!!

If you take the notion you can google this man or his shops name and see some of his work. I did soon as I got home and man he's pretty cool dude! ( Vince Doll or Redneck Engineering)

Anyway after spending a good couple of hours over there we all said our good bys to Vince and headed for lunch after which we went to Greenville HD for a look around and then decided we'd head back taking the ride up the mountain to Caesars Head SC to enjoy the view up there. That's always a nice ride if you enjoy the twisties and the views from being waaaay up there.
    Hung around for a little bit at the top to see those sights It really is sweet to look out at the valleys and smaller mountains in that area.Nice!!

Decided it was getting late and needed to head home as it was going to be dark soon and I didn't have my clear glasses with me.
    Talked with the folks and said our good bys. My pal and I then took off down the mountain playing tag.

This day turned out unexpectedly in our favor for sure.
    Meeting with toor (Tidda) was great! He's one hell of a good guy and has one sweet sled. I'm hoping for many more enjoyable rides with him down the road.
    I'm also hoping to meet up and ride with any one of the others as they were a complete pleasure to be with also.

Ya never know how a day will go and this one is all for the memory book.
    Am hoping to post up some pics of this days events and kicking myself for not having a camera. Oh well at least I have the memory of it. Toor is going to see if some of the gals who took pics can get some for us to post up
    Thanks Tidda! what a day eh. I'm grateful to ya!
    Mikey
    Last edited by StoneCrab; 04-07-2010, 11:43 AM.
    HERD Member #00086
    09 FXDF "PABS"

R.I.P. Rick Massey "Double secret agent 00019......"
    Rubberdown, Ride forever more in peace brother

Sounds like a great day and good time was had by all.
    There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
    R.I.P. RubberDown
    R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
    Reese

Comment

Sounds like a great ride!
      Jeff
      09 FLHRCI
      Herd Member #00045

Comment

hey mike.......got the pics from sassi but they were all thumnails and kinda hard to see the drtail of those badass sleds like we saw in person.......................you forgot to mention that insane telescope Vince has......LOL

http://www.hdherd.com/showthread.php...w-last-weekend
        Twenty First Herdster
        * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
        ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
        99 FLSTF
        03 FLHTCI

Comment

oh ya The scope!!! Folks you would not believe this man's telescope! geez it's on friggin wheels! Said he had one that you would need the step ladder to look through it (didn't see that one) he's quite an interesting man. I pulled some pics off the net from various articles about him. That custom vincent shadow he has out on display is one cool looking scoot. I remember he said he has over 48K in the motor alone!
          what a day and I can't thank you enough for the invite tidda!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by StoneCrab; 04-07-2010, 12:02 PM.
          HERD Member #00086
          09 FXDF "PABS"

Comment

i had as much a great time as you did bro..no thanks needed,

that crew we rode with knows those kinds of people...........we will definitely do it again

Fred was really taken by Bob too, they just seemed to hit it off, Chris's wife (blonde, dont recall her name) had a great time talkin chickens with Bob too.......glad you asked him along, he is good people in my thin book
            Twenty First Herdster
            99 FLSTF
            03 FLHTCI

Comment

Cool! Yea, for a native American we'll let him live lol. Bob is a bud from way back in the day and a very generous man himself. One of those life time friends your glad to have. I liked Fred right off myself. I know we could have some good fun and look forward to seeing them all again.
              HERD Member #00086
              09 FXDF "PABS"

Comment

Hey Stone....You made HEADLINE news again! You and Toor are on the HERD Calendar....Glad you guys had an enjoyable ride and a good visit!
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                  Hey Stone....You made HEADLINE news again! You and Toor are on the HERD Calendar....Glad you guys had an enjoyable ride and a good visit!
                  Cool Boss! At least this time is was a good thing! lol. yea man this is what I've been looking for ever since I joined that old forum and found the HERD. Meeting and riding with good peoples and enjoying the day together on our bikes. Last Saturday was what we all need and that's why I'm sure what we are all here for. Toor's one hell of a guy! Wife sez I'm turning into a social butterfly and that it's about damn time. ha ha ha. So glad winters over so we can get out and do this...
                  HERD Member #00086
                  09 FXDF "PABS"

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                    i missed the calender feature we have here....Boss, you thought of everything...has anyone mentioned that you're just so damn meticulous at what you do..............THANKS for yer Mooooooooo
                    Twenty First Herdster
                    99 FLSTF
                    03 FLHTCI

Comment

Working...
                    X