Saturday 9/4/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 9/4/10

Packed in 170 miles with some old boat friends that came up to Kingwood. We met at the dealer and headed North.

CLL375 made the trip and loves hammer time with the speed. Very seasoned rider! I'm sure he enjoyed the ride and I'm sure he'll chime in later with his experience!

You will notice MrM bottom right corner (rides a Springer) that signed up but hasn't gotten the hang of this yet. I'll continue to give him chet as well.

RogerDispayne above rides a Shadow but is seriously contemplating a Harley-Davidson for his next purchase! I'm bugging the heck out of him to see if he does the upgrade and goes the American Iron way! When we are ready to take off, I tell him to fire up his bike....His reply is...."It is ON fugger"! Oops!

Knothead is from the CVO forum - His name matches his riding style. He rides a CVO Road Glide and loves to hammer it by going 80 - 90 MPH around the twisty country roads! He has a beautiful Orange with the CVO scheme.

I was riding in the 5th position and at turns when the 3rd positioned bike would move a bit, I would catch a glimpse of the Orange bag and for some reason......my mind would think....Oh oh....Orange cone. Must be construction up ahead. But it was Knotheads bike!

Fun ride...Fun group. We had 8 bikes total and great people to make another eventful event!

Click image for larger version

Name:	90410..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	1005541
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

not that im in any position to shake hands boss, but you neglected to introduce some of those fine looking ladies at the end of the table......

sounds like you guys had a great time with a great group on a great day, just great

Twenty First Herdster
    * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
    ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
    99 FLSTF
    03 FLHTCI

Comment

Come to think of it....I sure did. Darn it! The far end with the Harley hat on, they just picked up a new CVO Road Glide and the husband is taking the picture. The one with the sunglasses above Roger and his wife across from him just got a new Electra Glide. Then Mrs. Joney with the black and blue blouse has a Dyna but rode with her husband Knothead.
      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

What a "Motley Crew!"

Looks like fun!

Crazy Ed
        08 FLSTC - cus we likes to ride! HERD#146 - Thanks Classy! USN - Retired
        When I wear an "Old Navy" shirt, it is not a fashion statement, it is just a statement.
        Looking at life from the back of the HERD....All I see is...well, you know! :)

Comment

Its about time you posted something about this ride. Hehehe. I was a great ride with a bunch of really good people. I thought it was going to be a slow ride through some twisties boy was I wrong! when we hit the first good straight away of the ride the CVO 110's took off and disappeared. I was in the last position so I couldn't chase them down ( and I never speed). After a while I got into the 3rd position as the two CVOs attempted to loose me (not gunna happen in the twisties). Once we got out to the interstate it took everything my 96 had to keep up with those CVOs. At a gas station one of them ased if I had a 103. I said nope I just never let off. I don't ride like that all the time but it waz fun.

My wife did ask why those bikes were so fast and I told her they have bigger motors. She then asked if I was going get a bigger motor. I sure love that girl! Hello 107!

It was a long day though because we left at 1030 am and returned home at 930pm. Lots of stops and lunch then dinner. Oh and the best salsa I've ever had. Thanks Boss!
          Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

Official HERD Member #00130

Comment

Its about time you posted something about this ride. Hehehe. I was a great ride with a bunch of really good people. I thought it was going to be a slow ride through some twisties boy was I wrong! when we hit the first good straight away of the ride the CVO 110's took off and disappeared. I was in the last position so I couldn't chase them down ( and I never speed). After a while I got into the 3rd position as the two CVOs attempted to loose me (not gunna happen in the twisties). Once we got out to the interstate it took everything my 96 had to keep up with those CVOs. At a gas station one of them ased if I had a 103. I said nope I just never let off. I don't ride like that all the time but it waz fun.

My wife did ask why those bikes were so fast and I told her they have bigger motors. She then asked if I was going get a bigger motor. I sure love that girl! Hello 107!

It was a long day though because we left at 1030 am and returned home at 930pm. Lots of stops and lunch then dinner. Oh and the best salsa I've ever had. Thanks Boss!

Comment

Originally posted by CLL375 View Post

The best salsa ever. Not even after 2 different re-makes! Not sure what happened there! :)

I almost called you yesterday to see if you still had some of the left-over shrimp! Now that was some good meal right there!
              2010 FLHX - Street Glide
              HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Looks like a great time Boss.
                x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
                HERD member #66
                HS I Survivor
                HS II Survivor
                HS III Survivor
                HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

Now thats a fine lookin crew.Nice story to go with it toooo.
                  Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                    The best salsa ever. Not even after 2 different re-makes! Not sure what happened there! :)

I almost called you yesterday to see if you still had some of the left-over shrimp! Now that was some good meal right there!
                    That shrimp didn't even make it home. I ate it while waiting at a red light. We need to get Roger to post some of the pictures and video he took.

Comment

One Picture???
                      OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                      With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                      FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                      RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Roger is the photographer and I'm still waiting for him to send them to me! I'll shoot him a note in a minute!

Found a few more...

Mrs. CLL375 Then Mr. CLL375 on the left - Middle are friends and Mrs. Boss on the right.

Name:	58822_465185921421_&.jpg
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	981566

Mr. and Mrs. CLL375

Name:	58522_465231951421_&.jpg
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	981567
                        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile56 View Post
                          One Picture???

My wife normally takes pictures but she left the camera at the house. I don't think she could've taken any anyway because she was hanging on for dear life. I have helmet cam that I used to use during motocross riding. I need to bring it next time I ride with that group.

Comment

Damn! Jenny looks sleepy (drunk). Hahahaha! That is at hour number 10 though.

Comment

TheBoss and CLL375 we had a great time on this ride, The twisties were a little fast but a lot of fun. Need to do this again soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X