Labor Day Weekend Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day Weekend Trip

Getting ready to leave Waynesboro, VA on Friday the 3rd for a 4 day ride. We are heading down through Hillsville, VA. There is a huge Flee Market that takes over the whole city. From there we will head south through Boone, NC going to travel some on the parkway and make our way just south of Asheville and stay in Cullowhee. We plan on seeing the Wheels Through Time while there, I've heard it's great. Anyone been there and what else in the area or on the way should we not miss? Thanks.
    2010 Ultra Limited/Merlot/Cherry
    Official HERD Member #00134

Sounds like a nice trip. I'll be riding up to Boone this weekend from Charlotte. Be safe...
    The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

Comment

I like Flee Market junk....and to be gone for 4-days is a bonus! Maybe some of the locals might be able to catch up to you for a quick visit.
      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Sure sounds like a great trip. Linda and I grew up in Pulaski and the mountains tug at us a lot more as we've gotten older.

We (Boeing) buy all of our interconnect panels from Virginia Panel and sometimes I get to visit their plant. I'll let you know next time...
        Mike Tickle
        Herd # One hundred
        2012 Ultra Limited
        USAF Retired (SMSgt)

Comment

Originally posted by Tick View Post
          Sure sounds like a great trip. Linda and I grew up in Pulaski and the mountains tug at us a lot more as we've gotten older.

We (Boeing) buy all of our interconnect panels from Virginia Panel and sometimes I get to visit their plant. I'll let you know next time...
          For sure let me know when you are around, I live in Waynesboro. We have some great riding all over VA, especially on the west side of the 81 corridor.
          2010 Ultra Limited/Merlot/Cherry
          Official HERD Member #00134

Comment

Glen, Sounds like y'all are set for a great ride! Ride safe!!
            OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
            2014 FLHXS
            U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Working...
            X