My Ohio Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ohio Tour

What's up guys? sorry I haven't been on here in a few days, been quite busy with work and just got home from my first weekend ride-a-thon...lol. My girl and I left Friday morning and got back late last night! We rode all through Ohio and even into Kentucky. All told 1200 miles over 20 dealerships visited and 3 days of fun! we learned a ton about Ohio that being a resident all my life here i didn't even know. Visited almost every corner of the state, met up with friends and had a kicking good time.

We had originally decided to try and go around Ohio and hit up all the dealers involved with www.ohiohdtour.com. We got most of em but due to hours and time involved we're going to have to hit some of the closer ones to Columbus at our convenience. OK now on to the route.

We started out and headed out national rd. rt 40 and head east to Zanesville, from there we headed further east and hit another dealer right off 40. We then headed to Neidengard's the oldest Ohio dealer. Then just found routes that included some very interesting sites and speed inspiring curves. We hit dealers in dover, Akron, Canton, Youngstown, Warren, and Cleveland before spending the night in mentor oh right on lake Erie. we got to lake Erie just in time to watch the sun set on the lake. We woke up ate breakfast and headed out again. We hit the res of the Cleveland dealers and headed across the top of Ohio and hit Avon, Sandusky. We then rode all the way to a little town of napoleon to hit a dealer there and raced to Lima to finish off our Saturday. We were going to call it quits but road to Indian lake and stayed with a buddy of mine and had a good ol' party time for the evening. Instead of heading home Sunday morning we headed south and visited dealers in Xenia, Cincinnati, Florence and headed all the way to Lexington, KY. We finished off by stopping back in Cincinnati and eating at a place I highly recommend, zip's café. They have good prices and good food. The ride home from Cincinnati was beautiful as the sun was going down. I'll have to say, my ass is sore as all hell but we had a great time and the weather was perfect.

There is not enought time to fit all the details in but I will tell you one thing. We both suck at taking pictures. Got a lot of mental ones but none taken with a camera...lol
    Official HERD Member #00144
    Sponsored by: Rainrider

Sounds like a great ride! Indian lake is a good time. There are some nice bars right on the lake there.
    Herd member #85

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, my buddy Lives 3 or 4 houses down from froggys and the tilton hilton and a stones throw from acheson resort as well.

Comment

Yeah, been to Froggys many times!
        Herd member #85

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a good trip. You came down into my area. I live East of Cincy up the AA Highway and work in Lexington. Man O War Harley is my local Dealer.
          Jeff
          09 FLHRCI
          Herd Member #00045

Comment

Originally posted by jirvin View Post
            Sounds like a good trip. You came down into my area. I live East of Cincy up the AA Highway and work in Lexington. Man O War Harley is my local Dealer.
            Yeah we visited Man o War and met the finance manager Dave Reagan. Good guy, had fun chatting with him about bikes.

Comment

Sounds like ya had a great ride!!!
              OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
              2014 FLHXS
              U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Glad you had a good time.
                2010 Ultra Limited/Merlot/Cherry
                Official HERD Member #00134

Comment