• Outlaw Jam Frederick Co. Maryland

Anybody here going? We'll be there but not til about noon thirty
    http://www.outlawjam.com/
    John
    Herd member #20
    2005 Ultra Classic
    Does my Heaven burn like Hell on you?
    sigpic

Well, it was a blast...they need to fine tune some things if they expect to make this an annual event but we had a great time.
    Candelbox was ok as was Blue Oyster Cult and black Stone Cherry but DAMN Bad Company blew me away. They sounded like they were still young guys up on stage rockin.
    The weather report may have kept some of the crowd away but it turned out to be a perfect day.
    They needed more beer vendors (lines were kinda long) and more functioning ATM's (I only saw one and it ran out of cash way too soon) but our group really had a good time.
    Took back roads to get there and there was zero traffic. Wife wanted to get home quickly and avoid deer and critters so we took the highway home. Hated that. People drive like absolute A-holes on the freeways at night. 75 in a 65 will still get you rear ended! But we got home unscathed.
    John
    Herd member #20
    2005 Ultra Classic
    sigpic

Comment

you git any pictures? we like pictures, glad you had a good time.
      Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

Originally posted by BigWorm View Post
        you git any pictures? we like pictures, glad you had a good time.
        Ya know, I was gonna bring my smaller digital camera and even said something to my wife about grabbing it when she ran back in the house before we left but she didn't hear me and I forgot about it so sorry but no pictures...
        Another nice part was we put 150 miles in too!
        John
        Herd member #20
        2005 Ultra Classic
        sigpic

Comment

Did Paul Rodgers still sing for BC? He kicks butt. Sounds like a good line up of bands.

see a lot of cool bikes?
          2018 Road Glide
          Member #00014

Comment

Did you get to se Peg?

or the bikini contest?
            2018 Road Glide
            Member #00014

Comment

Yes Paul was with them and he was amazing to hear. Saw Jax & Peg. Saw the finals of the bikini contest, couldn't get too close for that though. And the bike selection was less than I thought but there were some. It was the first year with hopes for more so I'll make sure to take my camera next year.
              John
              Herd member #20
              2005 Ultra Classic
              sigpic

Comment

This part was kinda funny. Walking across the track and I see a cell phone just layin there. A guy picks it up so I asked if it was his and he said no but he was going to put it up on a pole that was about eye level in case somebody was looking for it. I'm thinking yeah, 8,000 people, they'll either never see it (If you dropped a phone would you be looking up on top of a pole for it???) or somebody else will come along and snatch it so I got it and searched the contacts for "HOME". Sure enough it was there so I called it. His sister thought it was pretty funny that he lost it and some stranger was trying to get it back to him. Said he was there with his girlfriend and gave me her name so I found that in his contacts and called her. She didn't answer (probably couldn't hear it ring due to the concert) so I left a message telling her where he could find it. I left it with one of the beer vendors and about 2 hrs later walked by and it was gone so I assume he got the message.
                My wife told a friend that I have always felt it was my job to make sure things like that get done...maybe it's a flaw or maybe I just know how I'd feel if I lost something and how fantastic it would be if a total stranger took the time to try to help me out.
                Oh well, no good deed goes unpunished so....
                John
                Herd member #20
                2005 Ultra Classic
                sigpic

Comment

Hey if you saw the end of the bikini contest you saw the best parts,pun intended.

and that was the right thing to do and good thinking.Now you have some good karma.
                  2018 Road Glide
                  Member #00014

Comment

Working...
                  X