Sunday later Afternoon ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday later Afternoon ride

As a consequence of work schedules me and the Mrs don't get much quality time together and she loves to ride too.

We are blessed here for the scenic riding. In any direction. Both the Green Mts and White mts on either side of our home. Hidden 30-40 foot waterfalls in the middle of now wheres. Some who live here all there lives don't even know they exist. Rivers winding side by side paralelling the road every mile your on it.

So when I got out of work at 4pm I had told her be ready as I am heading home long enough to change into my shat kickers and off we went. I let her pick the tunes. We listened to the sound track from "The Body Guard" by Whitney Houston, not exactly what I would have picked but she was happy and it actually wasn't that bad in spots.

What a nice ride. Left at 4:30pm got home at around 7:30ish. Went about 92 or so miles. We hit all the back windy country roads thru the mountains and Valleys, stopping at some off the beaten path mom and pop restaurant for supper. I had the fried chicken, she had the open face roast beef sandwich smothered in gravy. Thats my motto"ride to eat and eat toride",lol.

I guess because it was late afternoon Sunday we had the roads to ourself. Some of the roads while paved, had green grass growing thru the cracks for hardly being used,LOL.

I don't have photos yet as I use a disposable point and click.
    HERD#00004
    *disclaimer: I am not an expert. Like everyone else I have an opinion.

HS1 and HS2 Attendee

Paracord Crew Member

Sometimes these rides are the best ones, just u and ur signifigant other enjoyin a nice sunday ride!! We've been ridin with a group pretty much every weekend and i think i'm gonna steal ur idea this coming weekend Bad!! Thanks!!
    "09" King & "10" Forty-Eight(wifes)
    If u ain't ridin u ain't livin!!

Comment

Glad you and mommy got out fer a ride.......................................
      OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
      With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
      FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
      RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile56 View Post
        Glad you and mommy got out fer a ride.......................................
        Considering we'll be spending 3 weeks together on the bike here in September need to get her re acclimated to being a helpful passenger and not the perverbial lump of shat mindlessly sitting back there like a spectator.
        HERD#00004

HS1 and HS2 Attendee

Paracord Crew Member

Comment

Hey John, glad you got to ride and eat. I wish your wife could have ridden with us when we were there. Maybe next time.
          2010 Ultra Limited/Merlot/Cherry
          Official HERD Member #00134

Comment

That's awesome BI! Get those pics posted up if you can! I'm so glad that you two go out together and she enjoyes it!

Comment

Originally posted by glenalt View Post
              Hey John, glad you got to ride and eat. I wish your wife could have ridden with us when we were there. Maybe next time.
              Me too. She normally doesn't work Sundays but there was a call in so she filled in. She's the oposite of me, she's nice and fun. I know she would have enjoyed meeting all you cool cats from VA.
              HERD#00004

HS1 and HS2 Attendee

Paracord Crew Member

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Boss View Post
                That's awesome BI! Get those pics posted up if you can! I'm so glad that you two go out together and she enjoyes it!
                Enjoyed yours and Boss' video there. Me and Karen should try with the video camera on the ride.
                HERD#00004

HS1 and HS2 Attendee

Paracord Crew Member

Comment

Working...
                X