Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorcycle Riding Signals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Motorcycle Riding Signals

    I know most of you know all your riding signals - Thought I would post this here...






    And for HAZARDS -


    .
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003


  • #2
    Cool! Thanks, Boss!
    _________________________
    Proud Herd Member # 00081

    Comment


    • #3
      You forgot the most important one...........


      :babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs
      OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
      With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
      FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
      RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

      Comment


      • #4
        :):)
        OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
        2014 FLHXS
        U.S. NAVY Veteran

        Comment


        • #5
          i ASSUME the reason you wouldnt stick yer left foot out was for fear of getting it taken off by oncoming traffic? i actually use both legs to warn bikers behind me of road debris or pot holes. depending of course which side the problem lies....
          Twenty First Herdster
          * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
          ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
          99 FLSTF
          03 FLHTCI

          Comment


          • #6
            Croc, you crack me up!
            Patti, HERD Georgia Girl #113

            RubberDown/Double Secret Agent #19 and Ozzyrral #213...RIP
            We will ride again wndchsr...
            'If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.' - Katherine Hepburn

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Crocodile56 View Post
              You forgot the most important one...........


              :babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs
              From what I remember at Herdstock that signal is "thanks for fuggin cuttin me off..."
              Miles are on a road map, close to home is here
              Very Proud member #99
              Official Herd Hugger
              Count your life by smiles, not tears:
              Count your age by friends, not years.
              Old bikers don't gray, they CHROME OUT!!

              Comment


              • #8
                But I did n cutoff nuttin.
                Ear Tag no. 00030

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by toorglide View Post
                  i ASSUME the reason you wouldnt stick yer left foot out was for fear of getting it taken off by oncoming traffic? i actually use both legs to warn bikers behind me of road debris or pot holes. depending of course which side the problem lies....
                  I believe the only reason you would use your foot for the right is because you need to maintain your hand on the throttle so you don't slow down while pointing, but I could be wrong.
                  HERD Member #114
                  2007 FLHTCU Ultra Classic
                  When all else fails, GET A BIGGER HAMMER!
                  If common sense was so common, wouldn't everyone have it?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Crocodile56 View Post
                    You forgot the most important one...........


                    :babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs:babs
                    Got that right , you use that one the most
                    Member #125 (Becky)
                    NEVER GO FASTER THAN YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL CAN FLY
                    2

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks boss
                      Member #125 (Becky)
                      NEVER GO FASTER THAN YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL CAN FLY
                      2

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Don't forget the cop signal, tap your head with your clutch hand.
                        It's not "derailed", as long as the last post relates to the post above it...it's just on a different rail, heading into a more interesting direction

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          I believe the only reason you would use your foot for the right is because you need to maintain your hand on the throttle so you don't slow down while pointing, but I could be wrong.

                          just seems a bit more difficult iffin yer playin turtle hockey and yer using fingers instead of toes.........imo
                          Twenty First Herdster
                          * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
                          ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
                          99 FLSTF
                          03 FLHTCI

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Motive View Post
                            Don't forget the cop signal, tap your head with your clutch hand.
                            I've been riding for 42 years and I started noticing oncoming riders doing that once in a while. This was a couple of years ago. I had no idea what they were doing till I finally figured it out. Back in the old days, before the headlights were always on, we would signal "LEO" by turning the headlight on/off.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tucson_Tim View Post
                              I've been riding for 42 years and I started noticing oncoming riders doing that once in a while. This was a couple of years ago. I had no idea what they were doing till I finally figured it out. Back in the old days, before the headlights were always on, we would signal "LEO" by turning the headlight on/off.
                              Seen that, or flashing the high beams...actually have had cars do that to me, while I was riding.
                              It's not "derailed", as long as the last post relates to the post above it...it's just on a different rail, heading into a more interesting direction

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X