Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you go through Caribou?
    HERD#00004
    *disclaimer: I am not an expert. Like everyone else I have an opinion.

HS1 and HS2 Attendee

Paracord Crew Member

Comment

Fun!!!!
      When I lived in Chilliwack,BC, we could stand on both sides like that as well. My best gf Debbie (and her hub) are banditos, spelling???? Anyway, they are not allowed to cross the border, (I don’t mean just them, I mean the club) so there is an area where it’s ‘no man’s land’ and the ppl from the States can come n visit Canadians without having to be in either country.. kinda fun
      sigpicHERD medic! #00039
      I am Jase's precious
      If you are what you eat, then I'm delicious!
      I miss you Rick, you goofball
      HPH- The Legend

Comment

Hot Pink Harley

thats interesting, about the no mans land.
        There are farm areas like that over here.
        One farmer, or rancher, says My land is here, neighbor, like HE DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS IT IS, it is over here.
        Rather than shooting each other, in old fashikned, they each put up their own fence and anything in between is called a devils lane.
        some people think it is an abandoned lane when they see it, but no, just another no mans land.
        Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluence63 View Post
          So far looking awesome Deuce!

Bar Harbor a good place to get fresh seafood and very scenic. Tends to be crowded. Use to take the Cat to Yarmouth Nova Scotia.
          Crowded is an understatement. Bar Harbor was packed Saturday night when we were there. I'm sure with it being 4th of July weekend the crowd was probably larger than usual for a Saturday night.
          Mike
          Official HERD Member #00164
          '00 Softail Deuce "Tribal Mistress" - Gone but never forgotten!

Current Ride - '17 Road Glide (Ultra) Special - 107ci Stage 1, Ultra Tour-Pak, fairing lowers, saddlebag guards, blacked out front end and exhaust, more changes to come!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
            Gotta love the pictures and play by day narratives.

Nice Deuce....

Thanks Boss. I'm glad you're enjoying this thread.
            Mike

Current Ride - '17 Road Glide (Ultra) Special - 107ci Stage 1, Ultra Tour-Pak, fairing lowers, saddlebag guards, blacked out front end and exhaust, more changes to come!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
              Is what Inam REALLY impressed with is, all the green grass.
              HAHAHA grazingly good green grass.
              All of the grass is brown and powder keg dry. Dont come over here if You want some grazing. Just saying.
              Everything was green everywhere we went Marty.
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluence63 View Post
                Did you go through Caribou?
                No we got off Route 1 and took Route 1A in Van Buren, just North of Caribou, so we went around it rather than through it.
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post

No we got off Route 1 and took Route 1A in Van Buren, just North of Caribou, so we went around it rather than through it.
                  Interesting town. It was a little bit of a disappointment.
                  HERD#00004

HS1 and HS2 Attendee

Paracord Crew Member

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post

Crowded is an understatement. Bar Harbor was packed Saturday night when we were there. I'm sure with it being 4th of July weekend the crowd was probably larger than usual for a Saturday night.
                    Mount Desert Island, Bar Harbour and all them little towns dotting the island....June - August is prime season and they fill up fast. That far north, May and September, can be cold. We did a few summer trips back in the late 90's, each time in mid July. One trip it did not get out of the 50's and 30's at night, in July. Another was in the 90's, rare for there.
                    Mark
                    HERDSTER 204
                    09 FLHR
                    16 FLHTK

Comment

Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post

Mount Desert Island, Bar Harbour and all them little towns dotting the island....June - August is prime season and they fill up fast. That far north, May and September, can be cold. We did a few summer trips back in the late 90's, each time in mid July. One trip it did not get out of the 50's and 30's at night, in July. Another was in the 90's, rare for there.
                      I generally dont ride much between mid june-august. big tourist industry up this way. Fall foliage amps it up too, not as bad as summer,still noticeable. As well hotels spike in price.

we never use to need an AC up here. That has changed. Last couple summers have had to many 90+ degree days in a row.
                      HERD#00004

HS1 and HS2 Attendee

Paracord Crew Member

Comment

Check out the Acadia National Park thread for more of the story and pics from our 4 day Maine road trip here https://www.hdherd.com/forum/rallies...-national-park

Mike

Comment

Okay so after checking out the Acadia National Park thread for the story and pictures from our first visit there, here is the last little bit of narration to finish up the story of our 4 day Maine road trip.

Jim and I left Acadia National Park and started our 500 plus mile ride back home to Long Island Sunday afternoon. On the way home on the 4th day of our trip, we didn't hit any major traffic jams like we did when we left and as a nice bonus we were even treated to a number of fireworks displays as we rode along I-95!!! Many different towns along our route home were obviously having large fireworks displays a night early to celebrate the 4th of July holiday the next day. Jim and I got to enjoy them lighting up the night sky, along with the residents of these towns, as we rode through the night for home!!! I would guess we must have enjoyed the various fireworks displays for at least 90 minutes or more on our ride home. I pulled into my driveway around 11pm after a great 4 day road trip through Maine!!! I can't wait to go back again sometime!!!

We had ridden through and seen about half of the state of Maine on this road trip and had racked up the miles. I had left one of my trip odometers running throughout the whole ride so I would have a total of the miles I did from start to finish. Being that Jim lives about 15 miles further East on the island from me, he added another 30 miles to his personal total compared to mine. My own personal total after 4 days on the road was just under 1800 miles. Not bad for a quick 4 day mini vacation!

I hope you all enjoyed the story and pictures from our trip to Maine. Until the next road trip then, take care and ride safe HERD!!!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Maine Road Trip June-July 2022 103 resize 900.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.4 KB ID:	1288857
                          Mike

Comment

Thank You very much Mike and Jim for packing us along.
                            It has been a most wonderful adventure.
                            Dont be a stranger though and check in frum time to time.
                            Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
                              Thank You very much Mike and Jim for packing us along.
                              It has been a most wonderful adventure.
                              Dont be a stranger though and check in frum time to time.
                              You're very welcome Marty. I'm glad you enjoyed this recap of our first trip to Maine.
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X