Woodstock - 50 Years and One Week Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big D View Post
    How cool is this! Thank you for this, Mike!

Sorry for the late reply Big D, but you're welcome.
    Mike
    Official HERD Member #00164
    '00 Softail Deuce "Tribal Mistress" - Gone but never forgotten!

Current Ride - '17 Road Glide (Ultra) Special - 107ci Stage 1, Ultra Tour-Pak, fairing lowers, saddlebag guards, blacked out front end and exhaust, more changes to come!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
      I'm too young to know anything about Woodstock but I enjoy the pictures.

So people still go there and leave stuff behind?
      Yes they still leave stuff here when they visit the site.
      Mike

Current Ride - '17 Road Glide (Ultra) Special - 107ci Stage 1, Ultra Tour-Pak, fairing lowers, saddlebag guards, blacked out front end and exhaust, more changes to come!

Comment

Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post
        What a great TRIP! (pun intended). Did you get yourself any of that Brown Acid? LOL

I was among the few hundred burnouts in the town of Woodstock saying....where's the concert maaaan? Just kidding, I was only 11 then. My older sister went. She to this day is such a sweet heart, a true "flower child" deep down inside.

We were up there two summers ago, Bethel Woods is about an hour and half away from us. I wish we knew you guys were in the area we could have met up. Great back roads riding up that way.

I guess the 50th anniversary concert, to be held at Watkins Glen raceway, got scrapped. I read the promoter was known for screwing artists and he could not get enough to commit to a show, only a handful of modern rap and pop bands signed up....not Woodstock material. I would have went to that, if any of the remaining old timers were playing. Maybe in a future life.

Thanks Mike.

Plenty of great back roads all over most of the state! The event that was going to be held up in Watkins Glen was cancelled but here at the actual concert site they did have a small concert for the 50th. That's why I was there 50 years and 1 week later, instead of on the anniversary weekend! You literallt couldn't get near the place the weekend before I was there. The local police had checkpoints set up on all the roads anywhere near the site and you had to show a concert ticket for that weekend just to get through.

You're welcome Mark.

P.S. - I forgot to mention, no acid was available there. Not that I would have wanted any even if it was though. lol
        Last edited by Deuce; 11-02-2019, 09:06 PM.
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by LilJo View Post
          GREAT thread, Mike!

My bucket list grows longer every day.
          You're welcome Kevin.
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyGirl65 View Post
            I never cared all that much about Woodstock the festival, but I'd like to go just for the scenery. Looks very pretty around there.
            Most areas in upstate NY are simply beautiful. Lots of rolling hills, farmland, orchards, lakes, ponds, rivers, mountains, caves, etc. You name it, it's all there.
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
              From pictures I have seen, it does appear to be a lovely area. Seems there are some isolated areas too.
              Marty, I'm going to borrow my own reply here to save keystrokes. Most areas in upstate NY are simply beautiful. Lots of rolling hills, farmland, orchards, lakes, ponds, rivers, mountains, caves, etc. You name it, it's all there. And if you want isolated/remote areas there are those areas available for you to explore as well.
              Mike

Comment

Working...
              X