My Herdstock 10 Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Herdstock 10 Road Trip

Well Herdstock 10 has officially been in the books for almost two months now at this point. So I guess it's about time I finally post some pictures from my epic road trip to Herdstock this year. I didn't take a whole lot of pics this trip but I will post the best of what I did take.

Our first stop, my friend Jim and I, on this trip (that wasn't a hotel or for gas, food, etc) was in Athens, TN to pay my respects to Jeff "wndchsr" Mason at his final resting place. I spoke to Jeff, he couldn't answer me of course, but it was important for me to speak to him regardless. I spoke to him and told him how I, and we all as a group in the Herd, missed him. How I wish we could have met up as planned during my 2017 road trip, and how sorry I was that we missed that chance to ride and hang out together once again. How much I enjoyed riding over to his parents house during Herdstock 3 and meeting his family and enjoying their kind hospitality. How I was sorry that this was the only way for me to talk to him now, speaking to him, rather than with him.

Visiting Jeff in Athens, TN on the second day of our road trip.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 002.jpg Views:	0 Size:	458.9 KB ID:	1248622

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 003.jpg Views:	0 Size:	435.9 KB ID:	1248623

After I was finished saying what I wanted to say, Jim and I got back on the road heading towards our day two final destination. We had a lot of miles to ride yet to get to our hotel in Louisiana on the West bank of the mighty Mississippi by days end! I was able to notch 4 new states visited during his road trip, my friend Jim notched 3 as well. I like to take pictures of the state signs when we are about to first enter a new state so here is a picture of the first new state for both of us, "Sweet Home Alabama".

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	1248624

Later that day we notched another new state for both of us, our second new state of the day, Mississippi.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 008.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	1248625

Due to the long distance we had to cover and taking a wrong turn thanks to a GPS mistake that steered us off our original planned route that I didn't catch right away, we arrived at our LA hotel of the bank of the Mississippi River around 11:15pm that night. So no pictures that night but I took some the next morning, the beginning of our third day of the trip, before we got back on the road.

This is a panoramic view of "The Big Muddy" from our second floor hotel room. Notice how close the walkway is to the rivers' edge! You can't get a hotel closer to the river than this and still have a dry first floor!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 013.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.6 KB ID:	1248626

These next shots I took from the back patio area of this hotel. They show a ground level view of the river and more of the patio itself.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 019.jpg Views:	0 Size:	335.0 KB ID:	1248627

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 014.JPG Views:	0 Size:	855.5 KB ID:	1248628

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 015.JPG Views:	0 Size:	829.1 KB ID:	1248629

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 017.JPG Views:	0 Size:	743.1 KB ID:	1248630

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 018.JPG Views:	0 Size:	693.7 KB ID:	1248631

A shot of the front of the hotel. If you look closely you can see our bikes parked right in front of the driveway safely tucked away from any possible overnight rain under the portico.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 021.jpg Views:	0 Size:	315.9 KB ID:	1248632

Since it was dark when we arrived at the hotel the night before, I got pictures to prove we were in LA the morning of the third day of our trip.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 022.jpg Views:	0 Size:	361.6 KB ID:	1248633

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	353.9 KB ID:	1248634

After taking pictures in LA, we crossed the bridge back into MS to get onto the Natchez Trace Parkway. We were originally going to ride the entire parkway from Natchez, MS to Nashville, TN but after riding a little more than a quarter of the way we decided to get off and take a faster, high speed interstate up to Nashville.

Getting on the NTP in Natchez, MS.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 024.JPG Views:	0 Size:	882.8 KB ID:	1248635

Some pictures of our night time visit to Nashville showing Nissan Stadium, home of the TN Titan's, the downtown Nashville skyline, and a couple taken in downtown.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 039.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.1 KB ID:	1248636

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 041.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.3 KB ID:	1248637

Click image for larger version  Name:	Herdstock 10 042.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.0 KB ID:	1248638

I will stop the pictures here for tonight, it's after 11pm here now, and will continue this thread the next time I'm on.

Last edited by Deuce; 08-05-2019, 10:18 PM.
    Mike
    Official HERD Member #00164
    '00 Softail Deuce "Tribal Mistress" - Gone but never forgotten!

Current Ride - '17 Road Glide (Ultra) Special - 107ci Stage 1, Ultra Tour-Pak, fairing lowers, saddlebag guards, blacked out front end and exhaust, more changes to come!

Cool pics, looking forward to seeing the rest of your trip!
    Bob

Official HERD Member #00230

Westchester County, NY
    '17 FLHXS Street Glide Special

Comment

Nice write up with the description. The Natchez Trace is a beautiful road but I would have done the same thing. Tough riding at the posted low speed.

Keep posting pictures.
      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Thank You Mike for posting parts of the world a lot of us has never seen.
        Ear Tag no. 00030
        MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
        Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
        If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
        The missing link
        http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

Great pics! Can't wait for the rest! Thanks for posting them!
          Jeff
          09 FLHRCI
          Herd Member #00045

Comment

Great pics Mike! Thanks for the viewing.
            Mark

Comment

awesome
              sigpicHERD medic! #00039
              I am Jase's precious
              If you are what you eat, then I'm delicious!
              I miss you Rick, you goofball
              HPH- The Legend

Comment

Mike! Great write-up so far...

Hey, check this out!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_37692.jpg Views:	0 Size:	881.3 KB ID:	1248662

Bombdog, HPH and I were there 6 years ago...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20130919-01411_zps80c13372.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.8 KB ID:	1248663

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20130919-01412_zpsec9b17cc.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.2 KB ID:	1248664

Now, for some reason, I didn't capture Dan in any pic's. Can't figure it out.

PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT

2001 FXDX Superglide Sport. More horses than a feller would want

Official HERD Member #00192

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

Comment

Mike, here's another... Love that sign in Vidalia...

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_37691.jpg Views:	2 Size:	354.1 KB ID:	1248668

Here's some Herdsters at that sign in 2013...

Click image for larger version  Name:	66632684_10161893828610004_6163846585991036928_n.jpg Views:	2 Size:	107.8 KB ID:	1248669

You are exactly right... riding The Trace isn't for every rider, as the speed limit is "leisurely", but I returned solo on every inch of it, shortly after this pic was taken. (Missed a danged good breakfast, too.)

I had the time of my life, riding NNE on the entire Trace solo, getting to the northern end at dusk, and making it to the north end of Nashville before calling it a day. The solitude, and the scenery is wonderful.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your trip.

The one I MISSED.

PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT

2001 FXDX Superglide Sport. More horses than a feller would want

Official HERD Member #00192

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

Comment

sigpicHERD medic! #00039
                    I am Jase's precious
                    If you are what you eat, then I'm delicious!
                    I miss you Rick, you goofball
                    HPH- The Legend

Comment

2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by Firenailer View Post
                        Cool pics, looking forward to seeing the rest of your trip!
                        Thanks Bob. I'll be posting more pics in a few minutes, right after I reply to the comments in this thread.
                        Mike

Current Ride - '17 Road Glide (Ultra) Special - 107ci Stage 1, Ultra Tour-Pak, fairing lowers, saddlebag guards, blacked out front end and exhaust, more changes to come!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                          Nice write up with the description. The Natchez Trace is a beautiful road but I would have done the same thing. Tough riding at the posted low speed.

Keep posting pictures.
                          Thanks Frank. More pics coming up soon.
                          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
                            Thank You Mike for posting parts of the world a lot of us has never seen.
                            You're very welcome.
                            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jirvin View Post
                              Great pics! Can't wait for the rest! Thanks for posting them!
                              Thanks Jeff, and you're welcome. More pics coming up.
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X