No announcement yet.

Arkansas Friday 5/4/18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With my old garmin zumo I used to program my route at home and then load it to the gps, so far I havenít got the hang of the HD system so I program intersections as waypoints and just travel from point to point. It mostly works when Iím aiming for a longer ride....mostly....it does still seem to get confused easily! But then again, so do I! LOL
    Bob

Official HERD Member #00230

Westchester County, NY
    '17 FLHXS Street Glide Special

Comment

Originally posted by Firenailer View Post
      With my old garmin zumo I used to program my route at home and then load it to the gps, so far I havenít got the hang of the HD system so I program intersections as waypoints and just travel from point to point. It mostly works when Iím aiming for a longer ride....mostly....it does still seem to get confused easily! But then again, so do I! LOL

I use a Garmin device and it has been one of the best ones I have ever used.

2010 FLHX - Street Glide
      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by Firenailer View Post
        I have not the desire to figure it out, I'm far too teched out, cybered out, password out, it giver a hoot when we ride....come with me, We will get lost, you will see some great roads and eventually, we will find ourselves somewhere. Hopefully some where with a good cheeseburger staring us down and a brew to enjoy.
        Mark
        HERDster #204

Ride On Larry Weaver
        Wndchsr, catch you in the breeze my friend

Comment

Hahaha! Thatís the way I usually ride when Iím on a trip by myself, and I agree, itís the way to do it. BUT, sometimes, like on that trip when youíre trying to follow a route, it does come in handy. I loved the Garmin Zumo 660, even for something as basic as finding fuel or a motel at the end of a day riding.

But Ive got nothing against going old school...well except that one time I ended up sleeping rolled up in my bike cover because I was in the middle of nowhere and finally said screw it, guess Iím camping tonight! LOL
          Bob

Westchester County, NY

Comment

I got an 07 Deuce in the stable, I like taking a weekday off and getting lost...north central PA has a million miles of lonely nearly single lane country roads through the forests and dairy lands, paradise for a slow scoot to nowwhere. The Deuce kind of has that old school chopper feel to it, makes me smile on a lonely ride.
            Mark
            HERDster #204

Ride On Larry Weaver

Comment

Mark I fell so in love with those roads I wanted to move there! No lie Brudda, that it some of the nicest riding Iíve ever done. I canít wait to get back to that area!
              Bob

Westchester County, NY

Comment

Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post
                I got an 07 Deuce in the stable, I like taking a weekday off and getting lost...north central PA has a million miles of lonely nearly single lane country roads through the forests and dairy lands, paradise for a slow scoot to nowwhere. The Deuce kind of has that old school chopper feel to it, makes me smile on a lonely ride.

I would enjoy getting lost but down here.....you will find nothing but flat straight roads. Going to the Hill Country is one thing...There are a couple other areas but I think as far as getting lost, there is just not much there. To get out of Houston north, it takes 6 to 7 hours. If you head west, count on 13 hours. South.....you hit water and east....well....the gators, swamp in Louisiana. I've ridden in your side of the coast and there is NO comparison. You fellers deal with winter but it's well worth the wait.
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

For all the roads I have, both, motorcycled and bicycled, I have yet to find them all. I am serious when I say we get lost, we do. The sun comes up in the east and sets in the west, that will, eventually, get us home. Or a motel. I don't use the GPS on the, newfangled, Limited. that ain't no fun. The old Deuce is a hoot, twist the throttle and go. Old pic:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN10910378.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	895.4 KB
ID:	1234928
                  Mark
                  HERDster #204

Ride On Larry Weaver

Comment

Frank - Iím sorry that weíre hijacking your thread a little... BUT....speaking of that rise in the east and set in the west deal....when we were leaving the motel in Wellsboro last fall, we were trying to beat some weather, or maybe my buddy just had to get home, I canít remember. But either way, we met up in the parking lot at 0 Dark Thirty, and it was freezing cold! Iím a pretty early riser (read - donít sleep worth a damn), and had already been to the dunkin dognuts across the street, so I was caffeineís and sugared up! My buddy, who might have indulged in a couple, 3 too many adult beverages the night before didnít look too good but was ready to hit it.

I was pretty sure we were gonna bang a right but he turned left...I figured, shit he must have another one of THOSE routes programmed into the gps....didnít like the look of my dash compass either....about an hour later, I noticed this nice warm glowing sunrise in my mirrors.....tried flagging my buddy, flashing the lights at my buddy, and finally caught up, pointed behind me and gave him the whatís up sign....he pulled over, and kicked and cursed for about five minutes while I was laughing my ass off! He was too hung over to know weíd just headed further west for 45 minutes on 6 at a pretty good clip.

Which only pissed him off off even more, so now we were heading directly into the sun, in the cold, riding even faster - with me laughing at him the whole way...I LOVE ROAD TRIPS!
                    Bob

Westchester County, NY

Comment

I have to admit, riding into the sunrise is an awesome experience. In 2011 I rode to Allentown, PA, I took off from home a little before midnight and rode all night. Got to my destination about 2:00 pm. long (uncomfortable) ride on a sportster, but after being chilled all night, riding into the sunrise felt great
                      Ride in Peace Wndchsr

Comment

Allentown is only an hour from me.
                        Mark
                        HERDster #204

Ride On Larry Weaver

Comment

Working...
                        X