Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
    i rode my bike to trailer week:):):)

HAHAHAHA! I'm going to make a shirt with that on it!
    Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

Official HERD Member #00130

Comment

Originally posted by CLL375 View Post
      HAHAHAHA! I'm going to make a shirt with that on it!
      Those shirts have been around a long time.
      Herd Member #87
      US Navy Veteran

Comment

I'm just trying to fill in a little map like you, Wnd. HAHAHA!
        Outstanding.
        Herd Member #87
        US Navy Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
          Outstanding.
          When it gets a little cooler we plan on going to ride the tail of the dragon! Thats some more states for me!
          Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

Official HERD Member #00130

Comment

No trailer this time guys! Jenny and I are heading out August 7th on the longest ride we've taken. We are doing Strugis then, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, then into west Texas Big Bend. After all then a nice relaxing stay in San Antonio on the riverwalk. Total miles is a little north of 4000. Should be a blast.
            dont have the time off for sturgis, the wifey is probably going withher friends, let me know about the big bend time as it is a day ride(country is burnt up but!) but not bad(not recommended for a group of 10 or less due to criminal activity) we can have a beer in fort davis, and terlingua!
            Brian J. Herd# 00070 2009 Ultra Classic

Comment

Congrats light weight. Once you get home and realize what you did, knowing you... you'll be on a mission to do it every chance you get even if that means having the kids tag along behind you in the car driven by Mrs. CLL. Being on the road is simply the best.

Give yourself a little more plus/minus time so you can stop and see things that peak your interest along the way but be careful as the time has a way of slipping away. Consider carrying a spare tube or 2 of fuel in a fuel carrying appropriate container. The 6 gallon tank is nice but sometimes not enough in some places. Be conscious of your fuel to miles left and where you are. The nite before if possible get on a computer and look up the towns along your chosen direction and see who has gas and who doesn't...not all towns have a gas station and how far apart in miles. Pre plan your gas stops in the lean area's of your trip. Not all gas stations are open for business anymore in some of those desolete areas.

Carry a roll of toilet papper...stay hydrated.....have small portions of snackage tucked away...every nook and cranny on your bike and then some will have a purpose and a function, infact you will want more space especially since you're toting camping gear.

Rain Suit!!

Have fun and take lots of pictures.
              No trailer this time guys! Jenny and I are heading out August 7th on the longest ride we've taken. We are doing Strugis then, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, then into west Texas Big Bend. After all then a nice relaxing stay in San Antonio on the riverwalk. Total miles is a little north of 4000. Should be a blast.
              HERD#00004
              *disclaimer: I am not an expert. Like everyone else I have an opinion.

HS1 and HS2 Attendee
              http://forum.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/

Paracord Crew Member

Comment

When it gets a little cooler we plan on going to ride the tail of the dragon! Thats some more states for me!
                I hope to be living back in Tennessee by then so just let us know.
                Herd Member #87
                US Navy Veteran

Comment

Working...
                X